Homework Help Thread

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: Homework Help Thread

Unread postby talon1579 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Yes, Duffy and Armitage. I did the first question, attitude of female speakers: Laboratory and Havisham, and attituide of male speakers: Hitcher and Sonnet 130. For the book I did Mockingbird. You?
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Our book was Lord of the Flies, gosh, 2001!
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Oracle » Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 am

Oh I remember , Duffy and Armitage at GCSE but I had to read of Mice and Men
vast armies full of aggression great leaders full of ambition they come to this island to make their own history
motochika chosoakbe
Oracle
Tyro

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Fri May 30, 2008 1:26 am

I had to read Mice and Men and Lord of the Flies this year... along with The Glass Menagerie.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby talon1579 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:47 pm

I'll probably never read Mockingbird again. I read the damn thing about 5 times.
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Fri May 30, 2008 7:25 pm

talon1579 wrote:I'll probably never read Mockingbird again. I read the damn thing about 5 times.

*Pats you on the shoulder*

I'm sorry, man... Well, at least you know what happens... You could spoil it for people who have to read it in a "Snape kills Dumbledore!" kind of way. :lol:
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:37 pm

Anyone here remember a book about this guy Montag who was a firefighter and he burnt books for a living?
I'm trying to remember this books name but i'm drawing a blank. :(
Listener up there! what have you to confide to me?
Look in my face while I snuff the sidle of evening,
(Talk honestly, no one else hears you, and I stay only a minute longer.)
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Kingdom of Cheng wrote:Anyone here remember a book about this guy Montag who was a firefighter and he burnt books for a living?
I'm trying to remember this books name but i'm drawing a blank. :(

"Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Patricoo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:16 pm

The reason I haven't been here is because of school. One of those items is a giant paper. (I know, your all heartbroken I haven't been able to defend my libertarian nonsense.)

Anyways, I'm begging you guys for something with the hope that someone will see this within about twenty four hours.

I need a source. A book, internet article, blog post, newspaper article, or basically anything that I can use as a reference to read about what is the duty of the media/press today, and how either they are doing well, or a unopinionated source which explains the press in a very scholarly manner.

Lord knows it's real easy to go on the internet and find more critical articles, but as I'm writing a very unopinionated paper for class, it'd be best to have some more neutral material to go by. Thanks if anyone can help me on this. Worry not if you can't.
"Yey and did Fonzi downstairs cometh from his apartment from above the garage. And sayeth he, 'Reassembeleth will I, the pieces of my motorcycle, though I suffereth from temporary blindness. And yey for I am holy. Amen."
Patricoo
Langzhong

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:05 am

In Canada we have a thing called The Canadian Press Stylebook, which is like an instruction manual for reporters.

Probably the Associated Press has something similar for you Yanks, but I don't know, or maybe the New York Times does.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy