Free Books online

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Free Books online

Unread postby Harimau » Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:52 am

Project Guttenberg

Project Guttenberg provide free translations for books written before the 1920's. Its a great source for books that would normally cost a lot of money. Please, download the books there and improve your learning so that we can have nice debates in this forum about those books. If you have any questions about any books, please dont hesitate to post in this forum.
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby Stuart » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:17 pm

Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Rhiannon » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:11 am

Chinese Text Initiative has translations of Tang Shi San Bai Shou (300 Tang Poems), Gu Yao Yan, Shi Jing, Hong Lou Meng, and Yu Xuan Ji.

The Tao Te Ching (trans. Stan Rosenthal).

The Online Books Page at UPenn has over 19,000 titles available for download. You can also find links to dozens of other virtual-libraries in their Archives section.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Stuart » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:32 pm

I'd like to add some sites which contain works by cult authors which are hard too find in bookstores.

Edgar Allan Poe

Dante's Inferno

H.P. Lovecraft

If you are really stuck try looking for authors here:

Yahoo! Authors Directory
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby timon » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:18 pm

The University of Virginia - Electronic Text Center has a lot of classic books that you can read and download in MS Reader and Palm Reader Formats.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat drinking beer all day.
timon
Changshi

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:23 am

I don't know why I didn't post this one sooner: The Complete Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Poetry. It's not for everyone, but I love it! :wink:
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby PangDeGuy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:13 am

I have a question: Is Outlaws of The Marsh in English? If not, where can I get a translation? If so, where can I find it online? (well, for free of course)
PangDeGuy
Assistant

Help find the novel?

Unread postby Mario Carrillo » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:58 pm

Hi :D I'm from Mexico and I cant find romance of the three kingdoms anywhere, so can u tell me where can I download it or something???? :roll:
Mario Carrillo
Tyro

Re: Help find the novel?

Unread postby Asellas » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:24 pm

Mario Carrillo wrote:Hi :D I'm from Mexico and I cant find romance of the three kingdoms anywhere, so can u tell me where can I download it or something???? :roll:

Umm... go to www.threekingdoms.com and if you want the book personally then go to amazon or Ebay :wink: oh and I'd recommend introducing yourself in this thread http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=423&start=1050 .
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Kosmo » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 am

PangDeGuy wrote:I have a question: Is Outlaws of The Marsh in English? If not, where can I get a translation? If so, where can I find it online? (well, for free of course)

i know it's been translated to english but i'm not sure if you'd be able to download it anywhere.
Giddy Up!
Kosmo
Tyro

Next

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy