SoSZ Member Libraries

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: SoSZ Member Libraries

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:23 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Added a new PDF to my collection and it's something I've wanted for a very long time! The Kung-sun Warlords of Liao-tung by K. H. J. Gardiner. It may kill my eyes being in Wade-Giles, but I am going to read and re-read this bad boy over and over until I digest every bit of information on this insane family of would-be Emperors!

You didn't mention that this was in the public domain! I've got it now too. I have no idea how to go about citing it in my bibliography section though. :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
DaoLunOfShiji wrote:You didn't mention that this was in the public domain! I've got it now too. I have no idea how to go about citing it in my bibliography section though. :lol:

APA:

Gardiner, K. H. (1972). The Kung-sun warlords of Liao-tung (189-238). Canberra: A.N.U. Dept. of Far Eastern History.

MLA:

Gardiner, Kenneth Herbert James. The Kung-Sun Warlords of Liao-Tung (189-238). A.N.U. Dept. of Far Eastern History, 1972.

I’m a nerd. :mrgreen:
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:31 pm

I'm a nerd over many things but not that. I actually lost marks in my last essay for an imperfect citation. :(
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy