SoSZ Member Libraries

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: SoSZ Member Libraries

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:11 am

Yeah Amazon only has one copy... at £275.35. That might be slightly out my price range. :cry:

In good news Fires Over Luoyang has dropped in price by 45% to £85.71 so that is approaching a range where I could finally consider picking it up!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: SoSZ Member Libraries

Unread postby Aaron.K » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 am

As a note, I've learned this from an author who has published a number of research papers, the author usually gets nothing from the publisher in regards to sales for their essay/paper, and oftentimes has to pay to even be published in that journal. They are however allowed to give copies of it to anyone who asks them personally, therefore if you do happen to come across papers that are in academic journals, it never hurts to try and email the author (or if it's a series of authors, the first couple; though sometimes you need permission from all of them) and ask them for a copy. Most of the time they're more than happy to give you one.

Doesn't help with books obviously, but at the very least you'll generally not have to pay $30 or $40 for a paper that might only end up being 10 pages long.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Previous

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy