SoSZ Member Libraries

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: SoSZ Member Libraries

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Added a new PDF to my collection and it's something I've wanted for a very long time! The Kung-sun Warlords of Liao-tung by K. H. J. Gardiner. It may kill my eyes being in Wade-Giles, but I am going to read and re-read this bad boy over and over until I digest every bit of information on this insane family of would-be Emperors!
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:22 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:Congrats Sun Fin! :mrgreen:

I have Fire but I’ve read little of it. We should start a book club so I stop procrastinating. :mrgreen:

OK, this. I've been bogged down with essays but they are all due in on Tuesday. Would you like to give it a go? Like read a chapter a week and then share our thoughts in a thread? Anyone else is off course welcome to join in!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Jia Nanfeng wrote:Congrats Sun Fin! :mrgreen:

I have Fire but I’ve read little of it. We should start a book club so I stop procrastinating. :mrgreen:

OK, this. I've been bogged down with essays but they are all due in on Tuesday. Would you like to give it a go? Like read a chapter a week and then share our thoughts in a thread? Anyone else is off course welcome to join in!

Look at these mega nerds forming a book club! ...Where do I sign up? :lol: I've been meaning to actually read the whole thing one day, and this would give me that incentive.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm

I thought you might say that! Pending Jia's agreement shall we aim to read Chapter 1 by a week Monday (as in 25th)? I'll start a thread then and share my thoughts and then anyone else who wants to contribute can do so as well!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Book club! :lol:

I think a chapter per week will work great. And if we find that we’re moving too slowly, we can adjust the pace. Feel free to start the book club thread. :mrgreen:
Jia Nanfeng
Master

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:06 am

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Now In just need to get these darn essays in. :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy