Daoism?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Daoism?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 pm

I want to learn more about Daoism! What do you guys think the most important aspects of the philosophy? Do you think it’s a philosophy or a religion? Are there any resources you’d recommend I read?
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: Daoism?

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun May 20, 2018 2:02 am

We chatted about sources already, but I remembered another that I completely forgot about:

The book China: Five Thousand Years of History & Civilization
Ye, Lang, et al. China: Five Thousand Years of History and Civilization. 1st ed., City University of Hong Kong Press, 2008. ISBN 9629371405.

This has long been one of my go-to books for history and general cultural. I remembered today that it also has extensive coverage of religions, including Daoism. I recommend this book as a good shelf tome for days you just need to know something but are too lazy to turn on the PC. :mrgreen:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Student

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy