Bansenshukai translated

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Bansenshukai translated

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sun May 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Normally I'm very, very skeptical when it comes to people writing about shinobi. Truth be told, none of western researchers provided anything useful so far on the matter. But I'm very impressed with Antony Cummins and Yoshie Minami translating the most important text written by the shinobi themselves. He could've simply properly translated the title as well though, instead of usual marketing stuff, but...I'm grateful anyway. I very strongly advise anyone interested in the history of ninjutsu to check this translation.
I actually got two more books translated by them. Translation of Shoninki, which is generally considered to be the second most important text and translation of Shinobi Hiden originally written by Hattori Hanzo Yasunaga (probably) and few other Hanzos.
Whether their other books are worth reading, I can't say. But the above 3 are definitely worth the time.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy