Does Game of Thrones map well to RoTK?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Does Game of Thrones map well to RoTK?

Unread postby Tonto_Simfish » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:15 am

As in, it's said that many people love Game of Thrones due to all the politics/diplomacy/intrigue/character development found in the book. Is it the same type of politics/diplomacy/character development found in RoTK? Would the kind of person who loves RoTK also tend to like GoT, and vice versa?
Tonto_Simfish
Assistant

Re: Does Game of Thrones map well to RoTK?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:10 am

Yes.

I think people who are in to Game of Thrones would love the 3K era if it was presented to them in a media that was easy for them to digest; either in a novel or a HBO style TV show designed for a Western audience.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Does Game of Thrones map well to RoTK?

Unread postby Tonto_Simfish » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:41 pm

How does the number of different "kingdoms"/"alliances"/"defections"/"betrays" in GOT compare with ROTK?

Does anyone know if an analysis like http://allendowney.blogspot.com/2015/03 ... me-of.html could be ported to the ROTK battles (if we had a proper database of ROTK characters - which I'm sure someone could produce - KOEI has huge lists of databases of ROTK characters, after all, though they could include more information mapped to each major character..)
Tonto_Simfish
Assistant

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy