What's your education background?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

What's your education background?

Unread postby jamesgeorge » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm interested to know where some of you are coming from. In what type of system did you spend most of your years?
jamesgeorge

Re: What's your education background?

Unread postby kiko94 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Well I come from Algeria and the education here is a good one since we do get it for free, we learn pretty much all other students learn during early education phases up to university, university on the other hand is kind of crappy, we don't get proper formation and only a few of our diplomas are recognized out of the border, for the tools we don't have any fancy equipment, just regular chalk boards in schools and auditoriums in university, the use of computers is limited and next to none existent, but what you'd expect from a 3rd world country :lol:
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby TigerTally » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:44 am

Currently I am doing a PhD in England, but most of my pre-university education took place in Hong Kong.
TigerTally
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby chinesecannibal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm going to be an Accountant just like Cheng Yu!
chinesecannibal
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 pm

I went to a British comprehensive and now I study theology at a university in the middle of Wales.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:43 pm

I studied at a Roman Catholic Holy Cross Girls Primary School and then a Roman Catholic Grammar School then studied History and Education Studies in Liverpool!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Zhou Chie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Normal high school, with about a decade of independant study on history, psychology, Art and many other subjects (autodidact) and finally have recently begun studying video game art, and intend to study english and french in a university later.
Zhou Chie
Assistant

Unread postby TPMThorne » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 pm

British comprehensive education to A-Level, BSc Computing, MSc Internet Applications Development. And I don't even like the internet anymore.
TPMThorne
Tyro

Unread postby Kotaro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 pm

I've been out of the British comprehensive system for about five or so months, and I'm around half way through my first undergraduate year at university, studying Film & Theatre.
Kotaro
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 am

TigerTally wrote:Currently I am doing a PhD in England, but most of my pre-university education took place in Hong Kong.

Implying you did your undergraduate work in the UK as well? Or did you leave HK after F5 or something?

My... uh... pre-secondary school education took place in Hong Kong.

And then I spent way too many years in post-secondary institutions. The last time someone asked me "what year of college are you?" I had to say "Year 13". :shock:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Next

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy