Would you betray someone close fame/money .etc

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Would you?!

Hell Yeah!
13%
No
87%

Total votes : 23

Would you betray someone close fame/money .etc

Unread postby Shadowlink » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 pm

Would you betray your someone close to you for personal gains? Like a girl/money/fame, and of course to be president or something lkie that?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Re: Would you betray someone close fame/money .etc

Unread postby FuguNabe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:48 pm

Shadowlink wrote:Would you betray your someone close to you for personal gains? Like a girl/money/fame, and of course to be president or something lkie that?

Yes, if it gets me to high places of power. Don't care for fame but for large amounts of money I'm willing to sacrifice all as long as I can do it legally. As for girls as long as they're not married they're fair game.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby James » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:56 pm

Nope.

It was something I could do in my childhood, however.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ju Bei » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:32 am

I have experienced both sides when I was younger when it came to two different girls. I know of the consequences and its safe to say that I would never betray anyone again. Now I'd rather have loyalty among friends/family.

So I vote no even though it has happened in the past but I wouldn't think of doing it again..

Now if it was someon I hardly knew or didn't like, thats another story. :wink:
"Let's face it, comedy's a dead art form. Tragedy, now that's funny."

"Fine. I'll go build my own lunar lander! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the lunar lander and the blackjack! Ah, screw the whole thing."
Ju Bei
The Black Swordsman

Unread postby dirtybird » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:02 pm

No, i wouldn't.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 pm

FuguNabe wrote:
Shadowlink wrote:Would you betray your someone close to you for personal gains? Like a girl/money/fame, and of course to be president or something lkie that?

Yes, if it gets me to high places of power. Don't care for fame but for large amounts of money I'm willing to sacrifice all as long as I can do it legally. As for girls as long as they're not married they're fair game.

Then why'd you vote No?
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FuguNabe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:10 pm

Jeremy wrote:
FuguNabe wrote:

Then why'd you vote No?

I haven't... I think I may have forgottened to vote. So here's the vote now just to make you happy.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:51 am

Hell no, never in a million years. If I've put in all that work to get someone to trust me, and me to trust him/her, I'd feel like it was all a collossal(sp?) waste of time; and time is all we have ladies and gentlemen. I think loyalty is one of the highest of all virtues, and I would never betray someone's trust.
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Kristina » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:24 am

Iznoach, Legendary Dragon wrote:Hell no, never in a million years. If I've put in all that work to get someone to trust me, and me to trust him/her, I'd feel like it was all a collossal(sp?) waste of time; and time is all we have ladies and gentlemen. I think loyalty is one of the highest of all virtues, and I would never betray someone's trust.

^
I agree with this guy 1

I really wish I could say more, but he pretty much summed up all I have to say about it!
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Jer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:48 am

I voted no. A girl that betrayed someone for you isn't worth anything. I don't hate money, just the way it's used, so I'd answer no to that too. Fame isn't important to me, so no. Position of power? If I had a position of power, I'd hope it came into my possession while I was acting according to my conscience, so I'd answer a no to that too.

Basically, I put importance on fellow humans before all external things so no matter what I'd get if I betrayed another human, I'd have caused myself more harm than good.
Jer
Scholar

Next

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy