Would you betray someone close fame/money .etc

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Would you?!

Hell Yeah!
13%
No
87%

Total votes : 23

Re: Would you betray someone close fame/money .etc

Unread postby davidhassid » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Well, til people are tested, no one can ever be sure. I agree with you. I don't know if I would or would not, however, my morals are to honor friendship and family, and I hope that, if I am ever tested, I'll keep with it. I'm sure everyone who says "No" is the same way. Nobody can possibly know what they would do in circumstances that would test that kind of thing. I wouldn't even be surprised if the person who said "Hell Yeah" would change in special scenarios.
davidhassid
Tyro

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:29 pm

davidhassid wrote:Well, til people are tested, no one can ever be sure. I agree with you. I don't know if I would or would not, however, my morals are to honor friendship and family, and I hope that, if I am ever tested, I'll keep with it. I'm sure everyone who says "No" is the same way. Nobody can possibly know what they would do in circumstances that would test that kind of thing. I wouldn't even be surprised if the person who said "Hell Yeah" would change in special scenarios.

Quite so, and I didn't mean to imply that you specifically or anyone in this thread who voted "No" would turn tail on their morals when tested. I just wanted to note that realistically a majority of people probably would, including those who say they wouldn't. That includes myself. I hope I would never do that as well.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 am

Sad to say it, but yes. Everyone has their price. If the price was right i would do it. I'm sure more people would do it than they would like to admit.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:17 am

Shikanosuke wrote:Most people probably really never know the validity of their claims in this area until they have actually been tested. Family often may hold true, but friends fall apart quickly under such strains.

Hmm by being tested you will know who your true friends or not... Those who would not submit to such a things is your true friends and those who didn't is not your true friends. And so far being tested after one another I've never betray those who are close to me for fame, money, etc... :)
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Well this close friend is a competitor. And i will do more then enough things to fullfill my Ambitions.

I sound like Cao Cao....
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kayzr » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:17 am

Absolutely not.
Kayzr
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FoxWithWings » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:05 am

Honor and loyalty is simply too precious.
"There's no one I'd rather be, than me" -Ralph
FoxWithWings
Master

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Despite being a bit of a coward, I hope not. At least not for those reasons in the title but who knows till the test comes.

In a video game however, I'll happily backstab my sister :wink:
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 pm

You never really know until you're actually tested, as said above. I've never been offered a high payoff for a betrayal or immoral act--only "low payoff but no risk" deals that I've resisted since adulthood (and "low payoff high risk" deals that I'd obviously not take).

I consider anything from the opening post but a cash offer worthless and would laugh the briber off, though.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 am

Meh whats money if you can't share it with people you care about rather than people who care about your money more than you??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy