Do you Pray?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Do you pray?

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes : 19

Unread postby Jer » Fri May 11, 2007 12:38 am

Haha, Adam.. I have the opposite praying style of you. I just pray for others and pray to give thanks.
Jer
Scholar

Unread postby dirtybird » Fri May 11, 2007 12:11 pm

i pray. Prayer answers many things.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri May 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Baiko Arashi wrote:have some guy who thinks himself holyier than I because he wen't to a special school and has a title.
I'm not trying to change your mind on this, but not all priests are like this, because Jesus criticised those in the temple that wafted about proclaiming their holiness as if they were higher than anyone else!! I've met my fair share who are like this, but it's when I came across the truly humble beings that I truly understood!! My father's best friend is a priest, and a great man in my opinion!! He works on missionary because he chooses to, and only recently he was shot, but he refused to condemn those that shot him, he prayed for them!!
I went through a hugely rebellious stage in my life, and he never once judged me for this!! I always believed in God, but at the time, I just felt that he wasn't as good as everyone made him out to be because of all the bad things that happened in my life!! This priest never once judged me, stating that he too is only human, and that nobody can force you to believe, because our beliefs are a part of us and we can only change ourselves when we choose and if it's towards a belief in God, then so be it!! This man helped me understand things in life, I used to think I was unworthy and such but he taught me to accept myself as I am!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: Do you Pray?

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:57 pm

I pray and repent every day, mostly at night time as a refection on how the day went. But I also randomly repent or pray during the day if I had a special prayer moment, or repentance if I had a ungodly attitude, or thought during the day. I always try to remain with good standing with God, cause life is fleeting, and in todays world you never know when your life could end.
ky9ersfan
Assistant

Previous

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy