Cai Dongfan's Romance series?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Cai Dongfan's Romance series?

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:05 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cai_Dongfan

Does anyone know if Cai's Popular Romance of Dynasties series of books has been translated into English, either officially or fan-translated?

I read about it on another site, and it sounds like it's similar to Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but covers Early Han all the way through the founding of the Republic. I'm eager to give it a try!
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Re: Cai Dongfan's Romance series?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am

These sound amazing but sadly there doesn't seem to be any hint of an available translation. :(
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 pm

After a big of digging I can only seem to find the untranslated versions, I'm afraid.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
DaoLunOfShiji
Master

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 am

Thanks for checking, guys.

Just another reason to stop procrastinating on my learning of Chinese. :oops:
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Haha, you and me both. I meant to start learning because it'd be nice to at least be able to read modern Chinese papers and such, but... I'm lazy. :mrgreen:
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Master

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy