The Better Browser? (New Poll)

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

What Browser Do you Use?

Internet Explorer
6%
Mozilla Firefox
44%
Apple Safari
13%
Google Chrome
25%
Mozilla/SeaMonkey
3%
Opera
9%
Netscape
No votes
WebTV
No votes
Camino/Chimera
No votes
Other (Please Explain)
No votes

Total votes : 32

Re: The Better Browser? (New Poll)

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 am

"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Adam » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:14 am

Started using Chrome now as Firefox was driving me insane for various reasons lately.

However it seems to be negatively effecting my sound...whenever I close a tab or the entire window it makes any music/video I may be playing in the background stutter like crazy for a few seconds...it also randomly stutters when I'm just sitting here looking at something (can't definitely say Chrome has anything to do with the latter but since I discovered the first issue I'm starting to think it might).

In the long haul I'm probably going to keep it...I miss a few things about Firefox but not enough to want to switch back to it again....and if anyone knows why the hell Chrome is messing with my sound feel free to let me know. o.o
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:34 am

What sort of things are you missing? Because Chrome's extension support is just growing my a country mile each week.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Adam » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Ranbir wrote:What sort of things are you missing? Because Chrome's extension support is just growing my a country mile each week.

Most of it's just stuff that sort of works but not as well as it did in Firefox...namely Flashblock which for whatever reason makes a number of videos not work properly (Youtube giving "Upgrade Adobe" type errors etc.)...I'm sure it'll work itself out after a while and it's not entirely important that I have it, I just like the ability to not even load videos on some sites (IGN or whatever it was constantly insisting on buffering trailers for things I wouldn't be interested in and then playing suddenly as I tab out and scaring the bejesus out of me).

Also the lack of the title bar thing takes some getting used to.

I think there was something else but I can't think of what it was for the bloody life of me right now.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SapphireKirby » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:04 am

I use both Chrome and Firefox. Sometimes I have problems with Firefox so I switch to Chrome. Yeah, I'm strange. xD I still prefer Firefox though.

(Also, this is my first post here. :3)
"Be vigilant! Be vigilant! If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion." - Liu Bei's testament (Chapter 85, p. 1012)
SapphireKirby
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:15 am

I actually use Apple Safari on my Windows Vista computer. That may be seem weird but, I have never really liked Internet Explorer and Safari was the first browser I tried after getting my computer.

I love it, in fact using it right now. I learned of it when I initially downloaded iTunes to my computer.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 am

Anyone try out the new IE beta?
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:29 am

Mikhail wrote:Anyone try out the new IE beta?

I've only heard bad things about it... I probably won't bother, I actually download IE8 to my computer and now don't even know why since I don't use it.

Oh yeah, I forgot - I did because when I build websites I test them for appearance and alignment on IE, Safari, and AOL. IE usually shows me if my HTML code needs tweaking - so I guess I like it for that.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:04 am

Opera.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 am

I think that opera, internet explorer, safarichrome, and firefox are the best web browsers there is.

I used all of them and all of them are about the same level. I like how opera creates a new tab for donwloads, which makes download management easy. opera has also speed dial. That is why i prefer opera the most. Firefox goes second place. then ie. then safari. They are all great but i think opera is the best.

xia kyoto. u use opera too?!! kool.
Last edited by Human5 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Foreign Kingdoms