Programming Assistance Thread

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Re: Programming Assistance Thread

Unread postby Nazne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 pm

LuXunMaster102 wrote:Let's revive this thread.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to the JMF (Java Media Framework). I tried using the JMF, but in the end, it proved to be too glitchy and didn't support any of the media files I wished to display in my program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

You will certainly need to be more specific about what exactly it is you're trying to do. Make a game with embedded assets? Write a music player? What file formats are you using, and why are you using them for? Do you want optimized or powerful code for a long or short project, and why?
先主復領益州牧,諸葛亮為股肱,法正為謀主,關羽、張飛、馬超為爪牙,許靖、麋竺、簡雍為賓友。
- 蜀书二 先主传
Nazne
Master

Unread postby LuXunMaster102 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I want to embed a brief movie clip in either an .avi or .mp4 format into a game that I'm creating (kind of like in RTKXI, where before each scenario starts, a brief introduction clip is shown) , if that helps. JMF seems to be too old to support those formats, and therefore, I'm seeking another alternative.
It is in times of chaos when heroes are made. -LuXunMaster102

Yuan Dynasty:

Ruler - Yuan Shao
Prime Minister - Guo Jia
Grand Commander - Zhou Yu
Alternate - Sun Jian
Viceroy - Lu Su
LuXunMaster102
Scholar

Unread postby LuXunMaster102 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:50 am

Just wondering, is anyone else in this forum programming using XNA (xnox network architecture)
For the curious ones XNA is programmed using c sharp to be used on the xbox, windows, and windows phone. The only reason I'm using it is to program 3D games more efficiently
It is in times of chaos when heroes are made. -LuXunMaster102

Yuan Dynasty:

Ruler - Yuan Shao
Prime Minister - Guo Jia
Grand Commander - Zhou Yu
Alternate - Sun Jian
Viceroy - Lu Su
LuXunMaster102
Scholar

Unread postby Justin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am

LuXunMaster102 wrote:Just wondering, is anyone else in this forum programming using XNA (xnox network architecture)
For the curious ones XNA is programmed using c sharp to be used on the xbox, windows, and windows phone. The only reason I'm using it is to program 3D games more efficiently

I have never used XNA, but I have done tons of C# programming and now a lot about the .net framework. I might be able to answer more generic C# questions, but I would have to google any XNA specifics.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Foreign Kingdoms