Virus Warnings & Assistance

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:12 pm

E-mail me the pics and I can host them up so we can see.

rcalay@ntlworld.com

I am about to go to bed though, so I wo'nt be able to do it until tomorrow. If your problem is urgent, I hope someone else can help. :? (not much help am I?)

EDIT: WAIT I AM A HELP!!

This link should solve your problem

http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/enterpr ... FREELINK.E
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Tyler » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:38 pm

Thank you alot but I really need your help just one more time in the site you posted it says to deleat the files C:\Windows\System32. My problem is I have more than one file that sarts with that but they all end with some thing else. Do I only deleat one or do I deleat them all. Please don't go to bed the site says the virus activates on the 1st of the month and it is the 31st right now. Please help.

Edit: I could not wait so I deleated everything that starts with C:\Windows\System32. There is no way of restorin can anyone tell me if I deleated something important.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:27 pm

Liu Ce wrote:Thank you alot but I really need your help just one more time in the site you posted it says to deleat the files C:\Windows\System32. My problem is I have more than one file that sarts with that but they all end with some thing else. Do I only deleat one or do I deleat them all. Please don't go to bed the site says the virus activates on the 1st of the month and it is the 31st right now. Please help.

ONLY the entries in the registry that say System32\WINSTART.VBE.

If you don't know what you're doing with your registry, I recommend you just download a free virus scanner like AVG and let it clean it. You can do some dangerous things if you don't know how to clean your registry manually. If Trend Micro pulled up the virus alert, you should have been able to clean it with that, even.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Tyler » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:32 pm

Bad bad problem my computer is freezing and making funny screeching noises. I should'nt have done this. I'd rather live with the virus any way to restore the files.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tyler » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:40 pm

Yes I have an Idea the web site talks alittle about backup copies. does anyone know how to acces your backup copies to restore files.

Edit: Yeah some good news my computer has stoped making noises and freezing but still how to you get to your backup files.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stuart » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:15 am

Liu Ce wrote:Yes I have an Idea the web site talks alittle about backup copies. does anyone know how to acces your backup copies to restore files.

Edit: Yeah some good news my computer has stoped making noises and freezing but still how to you get to your backup files.

If you have windows XP, i suggest you use system restore immediately, and put it back to a more recent Restore Point. Playing around with your system folder is not advised.
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Hitokiri Battousai » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:59 am

Liu Ce wrote:Bad bad problem my computer is freezing and making funny screeching noises. I should'nt have done this. I'd rather live with the virus any way to restore the files.

What is happening to your comp is like what hapend to my old one. I even sent it in to the techs to have it fixed but they couldnt find anything wrong (very odd), so i got a new comp and well...im lovin it, but yeah, not sure what u should do. System restor didnt do much for me.
Clutching my cure, I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more, than any time before
I have no options left again
Hitokiri Battousai
Changshi

Unread postby Stuart » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:59 pm

Zhang He wrote:
Liu Ce wrote:Bad bad problem my computer is freezing and making funny screeching noises. I should'nt have done this. I'd rather live with the virus any way to restore the files.

What is happening to your comp is like what hapend to my old one. I even sent it in to the techs to have it fixed but they couldnt find anything wrong (very odd), so i got a new comp and well...im lovin it, but yeah, not sure what u should do. System restor didnt do much for me.

System restore will restore system files back to the last time you created a restore point. If the problem is caused by that then it should fix it. Its a very handy and powerful tool.
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Tyler » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:28 am

Um biggest problem of them all... I deleated the virus 5 seperate times. When I do a virus check on my soft ware It says I'm clean but evry time I turn on my computer it says That I got the virus again. I end up deleating the virus files over and over again each time I turn on my computer is there a way to end this problem permanentaly.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dark Gan ying » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:38 am

hey i told liu ce that that virus he has is a virus that burns the harddrive to the point of not fixing.
Dark Gan ying
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Foreign Kingdoms