Kunlun Journal is accepting submissions

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Kunlun Journal is accepting submissions

Unread postby JohnD » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:42 am

Hi everybody,

I'm the founder of Kunlun Journal of Chinese Historical Fiction. It's an online literary journal dedicated to wuxia and Chinese historical fiction. I thought some of you here might be interested. I'm currently accepting submissions for the first issue. You can read the submission guidelines here: http://kunlunjournal.blogspot.com/p/submit.html. Basically, any fiction, poetry, artwork, translations or non-fiction articles dealing with an historical setting in China is what I'm looking for. I'll also accept stories set in historical Japan, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks

JohnD
JohnD
Tyro

Re: Kunlun Journal is accepting submissions

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:06 am

I'm certainly interested. I, like a few others here, like to consider myself as a writer. I'm not sure I currently have anything short enough at a high enough qulaity to submit but I will certainly think about it.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby JohnD » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I'm certainly interested. I, like a few others here, like to consider myself as a writer. I'm not sure I currently have anything short enough at a high enough qulaity to submit but I will certainly think about it.

Length is not a problem. Though it will be designed like a magazine, the journal will be released online in PDF and EPUB format, so it can be as long or short as needed. I'd very much like to serialize novels if people have them.
JohnD
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:03 pm

How often do you intend to publish? I'm not good with deadlines so I'm not going to commit to a weekly serial but if its monthly I'd think about it. :)
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby JohnD » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Sun Fin wrote:How often do you intend to publish? I'm not good with deadlines so I'm not going to commit to a weekly serial but if its monthly I'd think about it. :)

I don't know the frequency of publication yet. Ideally, I would like to publish monthly, but that will depend on how many submissions I get. My guess is that, at least at first, there won't be many submissions, so I may have to push it back to quarterly. I'll just have to wait and see.
JohnD
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Well I've got a short story idea that I will work on in the next few weeks. I've also got two longer projects in mind that might be suited to this medium.
Last edited by Sun Fin on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Scholar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm interested in it, you may see an entry from me in a bit.
Scholar
Initiate

Unread postby JohnD » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:35 am

Sun Fin and Scholar, I look forward to your submissions.
JohnD
Tyro

Unread postby JohnD » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 am

An update:

I'm preparing a special introductory issue to give people an idea what the journal will look like. I hope to release it next week, hopefully Monday.
JohnD
Tyro

Unread postby JohnD » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 am

Update: You can see the cover for the introductory issue here: http://kunlunjournal.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -soon.html
JohnD
Tyro

Next

Return to Foreign Kingdoms