Phone Assistance Thread

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Phone Assistance Thread

Unread postby mrbeate » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

We have a computer assistance thread but not a phone, so i decided to make one. I also need help with my phone.

Problem: I drained the battery on my phone, I was out camping and my phone batteries died. So i got to the closest motel to charge my batteries. When i look at my Samsung Advance (SGH-a885) it says 'Charge battery full' and a large battery full. I don't know what to do. I tried pressing all the buttons and the touchscreen. The unlock button doesn't do anything as well. Please help.. My first phone so I'm pretty noobie. Thank You :D
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Phone Assistance Thread

Unread postby James » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Disconnect from charger and hold down the power button for a little bit to see if it shuts the phone off. If that does not work, disconnect from power (if not already done) and remove the battery to force the phone off, then put the battery back in and turn the phone on. See if you still have a problem.

(Read the manual, if you haven't already, to ensure you're not overlooking an unusual feature or step.)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby mrbeate » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Ahhh yes! Thanks for the instructions James. I read the manual, it just showed me how to use the charger effectively. There was a special feature, i had to hold down the end call button while i pulled the charger usb cord out. Then turn off my phone, and then back on. I thought i broke my first phone :mrgreen: .
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

my phine just got waterlogged. can anybody give ideas how to fix it? :oops:
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:18 pm

If you've got Silica gel throw it on straight away. If not put it in the airing cupboard and hope it dries the water out!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Human5 wrote:my phine just got waterlogged. can anybody give ideas how to fix it? :oops:

Even better than silica gel. Make sure it is off. Remove the battery. (If you haven't already done these things it may be toast anyway). Place it inside a jar, oriented in such a way that the most soaked region is facing down, or away from the main board or electronics, and surround it with rice. The rice will do what silica gel does—it will absorb the moisture. Give it at least three days.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:29 pm

thanks Sun Fin and James. i hope it will work. :)
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 am

i had no idea where should i post this. oh well..

(the novel) RTK html files doesnt seem could be read by smartphones (android)

any help ? so i could read some RTK in my phone wherever i am :mrgreen:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Foreign Kingdoms