Problem with OWA

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Problem with OWA

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Hey there. So my school uses Office Outlook Web Access for email. I've been trying to see how to forward my emails to my old POP email address. However, all the information I get in this regard involves creating a 'rule' under the 'Rules' option. However, when I log on to my email (in IE) there is no 'Rules' option at all as it listed in all other sources, including the help manual. Does anyone have any experience with this or insight? Perhaps this is by design? Any help would be appreciated.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Problem with OWA

Unread postby James » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 pm

I don't have OWA anymore to play with so I can't log in and search for you, but make sure you're using an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer. OWA hides a lot of content and features based on the browser your accessing with. I noticed you mentioned that you're using IE so that's probably not the issue, but I just thought I'd toss it out anyway.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 pm

James wrote:I don't have OWA anymore to play with so I can't log in and search for you, but make sure you're using an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer. OWA hides a lot of content and features based on the browser your accessing with. I noticed you mentioned that you're using IE so that's probably not the issue, but I just thought I'd toss it out anyway.

Appreciate it. I'm going to try for a few more days, but I hear theres a program out called Thunderbird which is similar to Windows Mail.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Shikanosuke wrote:Appreciate it. I'm going to try for a few more days, but I hear theres a program out called Thunderbird which is similar to Windows Mail.

Thunderbird is Mozilla's answer to email. Basically, it is an email client designed with the same goals as Firefox. Pretty sweet program. As long as you don't have to access an Exchange network you've got options. There's also Microsoft Outlook, which can access Exchange networks, but is a paid program as part of Microsoft Office. Outlook Express has been slaughtered in favor of Windows Mail as of Vista.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:46 pm

James wrote:
Shikanosuke wrote:Appreciate it. I'm going to try for a few more days, but I hear theres a program out called Thunderbird which is similar to Windows Mail.

Thunderbird is Mozilla's answer to email. Basically, it is an email client designed with the same goals as Firefox. Pretty sweet program. As long as you don't have to access an Exchange network you've got options. There's also Microsoft Outlook, which can access Exchange networks, but is a paid program as part of Microsoft Office. Outlook Express has been slaughtered in favor of Windows Mail as of Vista.

Yea I have Windows Mail on the laptop that I'm trying to get the mail to work on, but I'm having problems with it. Think theres any benefit to having Thunderbird over WindowsMail?
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:41 am

Shikanosuke wrote:Yea I have Windows Mail on the laptop that I'm trying to get the mail to work on, but I'm having problems with it. Think theres any benefit to having Thunderbird over WindowsMail?

I'm not sure what has changed since the launch of Vista, but Windows Mail was generally a stripped down version of Microsoft Outlook Expression (which was a stripped down version of Microsoft Outlook). Windows Mail should have all the email basics intact, and I think the idea was to make it a little more user-friendly, but I doubt it will have as many features and capabilities as Thunderbird. If I were a Windows user, I'd give Thunderbird a shot before mucking around with Outlook again.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Return to Foreign Kingdoms