Electronic Device Purchase Advice Thread

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:47 am

Adam Sisemore wrote:D0es 10gitech make decent keyb0ards
N0 this isn*t s9am, my keyb0ard is busted u9 s0meh0w, fee1 free t0 edit the thing s0 it 100ks 1ike a sane 9ers0n wr0te it.

Some sort of alternate number function hasn't been triggered, right? A common feature to small keyboards and laptop keyboards, but not generally a feature of full-size 10-key keyboards.

I am a fan of Microsoft peripherals (while that may surprise some).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Catalyst » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:32 am

James wrote:I am a fan of Microsoft peripherals (while that may surprise some).

Actually, I am, too. Microsoft makes much better hardware than software, really. My only problem with them is that they often require my copy of Windows XP to be upgraded to SP2, which I never want to do because upgrading it kills my computer. Other than that, generally they make very good hardware, like I said. I'd still rather go with Logitech, though.

A prime example of what I'm talking about: I bought the Microsoft Zune a few months ago. Amazing purchase. Decent-looking, great price, good size, amazing screen quality for movies, and good sound capability. My only problem was when I had to upgrade my computer for it, which, not a day later, started giving it problems. As usual.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can trick it into thinking it'll work on Ubuntu or Wine :P
Catalyst
Apostle of Peace

Unread postby Adam » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:40 am

James wrote:Some sort of alternate number function hasn't been triggered, right?

I d0ubt it, s0me keys w0rked fine f0r a whi1e and n0w they d0n*t either and I kn0w I hadn*t d0ne anything t0 it after the first issue.
The 0 and 1 key were w0rking fine and then a11 0f a sudden they just fai1ed as we11.
And I mean the 1etters n0t the number zer0 and 0ne.

I made sure t0 check that stuff t00 after my Chinese in Firef0x issue a whi1e back, c0urse it*s hard t0 G00g1e things with0ut certain 1etters. and c09y 9asting is rea1 tedi0us. :P

I*d say s0mething e1se but this is rea11y frustrating.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby tuffy135 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:10 am

I'm growing favor for the GrandTec Virtually Indestructable Keyboard, simply because it is...virtually indestructable.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=300135&CatId=142
tuffy135
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 pm

I can find a way to break it and James knows it. :P

Plugged this baby in and everything works perfect now so it was definitely the other keyboard ....this one's nice and quiet too, but the lack of a mute button is kinda sucky.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Catalyst » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 pm

With the amount originally paid for my keyboard (somewhere around $100, I think), I'd like to think that it's also indestructible. However, I'm not certain. Still, it's a great keyboard (Logitech G15). Backlit, with LCD screen on it :) And I got it for $20 from a friend, as the paint was peeling off on one or two of the keys so he got a new one with his warranty.
Catalyst
Apostle of Peace

Previous

Return to Foreign Kingdoms