How much music/movie/TVshow you got?

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Unread postby Spike » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:20 am

I only have about 2GB of songs on my PC, although most of them are videogame music tracks. :)

I don't have any TV shows or movies on my PC though, as I usually just watch them straight from the TV or have DVD versions.
Spike
Sage

Unread postby Rhiannon » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Since my music has been scattered across many computers and an iPod, I really don't have much in the way of music right now on my computer. The iBook here only has about about a gig of music on it. I haven't downloaded music (my own or otherwise) in a long time since.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Neocircuit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Music: 46.0 GB (11,025 songs)
Movies: Personally, 200+ dvds (If they were on my computer, they are now on DVD)
TV Shows: Full series: 3rd Rock from the Sun, Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel, Hellsing, Invader Zim, Duck Tales, Beast Wars, Hex, Wonderfalls, HBO Rome
Partial series(Full seasons that are finished, and every episode that has aired during the current season): Supernatural, Monk, House, Heroes, Dexter, Mad Men, Eureka

I think that's it, I don't wish to type out every title of the films I own, that would take far too much time than I care to take to do this.
Last edited by Neocircuit on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neocircuit
Apprentice

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:59 pm

Music: 200GB.

TV Shows: Transformers (full series), Roar (full series), The Office (full UK series), Extras (full series), HBO's Rome (full series), Sopranos (a couple seasons), Six Feet Under (first two seasons), Oz (three seasons).

Movies: I have tons of DVDs. I am selling a bunch of them. Downloaded, I don't think I have any.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lord Chuff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:50 am

Hmm.. Music. I have 4.7GB of music on my computer, 1,048 songs... But unlike most people I know, I actually get most of my music off CDs and I have 45 of those.

I don't have that many DVDs though, about 10 I think.
Good Lord, it's a cheeseburger!
Lord Chuff
Langzhong

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 am

I don't have these stored on my computer...as will soon be apparent, there is no way I could fit them reasonably...

..but I have the entire run of Doctor Who, up through the most current season, on DVD, on 181 DVDs. Taking av average of about 450 MB per episode, and usually about 4 eps per disc, that totals approximately 325 GB.

Then add in all the Sun Ra, Fall, Pere Ubu, and other music albums I've downloaded (legally) from E-Music...

I'd say I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 450-500 GB.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Lu Tong » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:52 am

Where do you guys get your movies and series? I only got FMA, and i got that from a friend.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."--Jack Handy--
Lu Tong
Initiate

Re: How much music/movie/TVshow you got?

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:27 am

Considering how I only have 37GB on my laptop, and I've already got RTK10PUK, RTK11PUK, DW4, DW5, and a few other games installed on it already, it's probably no surprise that I don't have any TV/movie on here, and the music that I do have is limited to the soundtracks in those games plus a handful of favourite albums.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:01 am

4464 songs, 17.18 GB. I could have my music playing nonstop for nearly two weeks and not have any repeats. Maybe I should actually delete the songs I don't listen to...
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:27 am

240.7 GBs between television shows, movies, and music.

Music: 47.55 GBs, 9279 songs, 23.8 days of audio.
(And I actually delete music I don't like).

TV Shows: 127.15 GBs, 538 files.

Movies: 56.07 GBs, 67 files.
Includes some video clips and music videos in addition to movies.
I have around 300 DVDs and about 15 Blu-Ray Discs. I actually know the number because, a few months ago, I did away with the bookshelf I kept them on and moved them into a really large binder. I haven't been buying movies as much lately as I did in the past. In the past five months I've only purchased two: Up and Star Trek.

I've probably got about another 300 GBs of movies and video stored elsewhere. I only keep content which I might actually want to view in my iTunes directory. If I want to watch a series I've got, but which is stored elsewhere, I'll move it in and then upload it to the Apple TV.

The video content, for the most part, is just MPEG-4 rips from DVDs I own.

I can store so much because my computer has four hard drives. All the stuff above, though, is stored on a hard drive which is specifically dedicated to my personal documents and is used by iTunes. It is a 1.5 TB hard drive I purchased on sale a while ago. It's still got around 715 GBs free.

Yes, I like music.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Foreign Kingdoms