Sanguo-Online (SOC) is back up and running

Website, internet, technology, and computer resources, discussion and assistance.

Sanguo-Online (SOC) is back up and running

Unread postby damon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:24 am

Sanguo-Online (or SOC) is finally back! The site is quite a few years old and we're looking for new and old members to help make the community great again. The link to the website is http://www.sanguo-online.com. The forums are at http://forums.sanguo-online.com.

We are currently working on making a new RTKSim and we're looking for players, moderators, and programmers to help us start. We're brainstorming for the game so come be a part of history. The direct link to our brainstorming thread is here http://forums.sanguo-online.com/showthread.php?t=6953
damon
Initiate

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:24 am

Very interesting. I came across this site and forum a while ago and noticed the many great topics and stuff. I might just join your RPG although I haven't roleplayed in a loooooong time.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Harimau » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:37 am

I just hope that the word "borrowing" isn't going to mean "plagiarising".

Other than that, best of luck. ;)
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:30 pm

Good luck with your venture, and good fortune, as always, to Chin in bringing Sanguo Online back to life. Many people have very fond memories of the old site before it was taken offline. :)

As for the game, if it is named ‘Simulated RTK’, ‘SimRTK’, or something akin, you will need to come up with a new name, and you won’t be able to use any of the old content from the Simulated RTK game. Copyright and trademarks do not lie in the hands of Sanguo Online, but rather in the hands of the Simulated RTK Development Team. With so many similar sites on the internet, they have developed a policy of watching this carefully.

I hope for you the best!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby damon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:51 pm

There will be things borrowed from the videogame series Romance of the Three Kingdoms however we will try our best to keep it different from the SimRTK. If anyone has any problems about any material, contact me and I will be happy to work the situation out. Nobody wants to see two identical games! :D
damon
Initiate

Return to Foreign Kingdoms