music hosts?

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

music hosts?

Unread postby Elven Fury » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:47 pm

does anyone have any to help james and them out for the music hosting? idk i got an angelfire site yall can use if its the right kind... though knowing me i doubt it is...
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/elvenfury

but if it is ill give you the password to upload music for the site if you want... and if anyone else is willing then im sure theyd love help!
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tyler » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:49 pm

I got 30MBs of storadge I do not know if that is enough. I even PMed James asking him if he needed anyone to host some music. I do not think my small size was a problem since I told him I'd get more if I need it. He never answered my PM so I guess no music hosts are neeeded at the time.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elven Fury » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:53 pm

theyre requested for in the music section... thats what i thought at least...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:14 pm

I used to host music, but the bandwidth generated from KMA's music section is pretty big, so I doubt using a free site to host it would be a good solution.
If someone really wanted to host them, they could get a cheaper server for about $100 a year with 500 MB storage and 10 GB bandwidth per month.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Stuart » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:56 pm

I think this should be in KMA, but i'm not really sure about the topic. If James feels it should be here, delete this post and moe it back

Moving -->
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby James » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:12 pm

Liu Ce wrote:I got 30MBs of storadge I do not know if that is enough. I even PMed James asking him if he needed anyone to host some music. I do not think my small size was a problem since I told him I'd get more if I need it. He never answered my PM so I guess no music hosts are neeeded at the time.

I'm pretty bad about PMs and email in general. Just been pretty busy lately. Yes, we are looking for music section hosts. The amount of space needed to host an album is listed here for all the albums we have.

http://kongming.net/music/

You would need to provide enough space for the album you want to host, most are 50MBs or more.

Zhou Gongjin wrote:I used to host music, but the bandwidth generated from KMA's music section is pretty big, so I doubt using a free site to host it would be a good solution.
If someone really wanted to host them, they could get a cheaper server for about $100 a year with 500 MB storage and 10 GB bandwidth per month.

The bandwidth it generates can be pretty nasty, especially for popular tracks. I think DW4 takes nearly 30GBs per month, and Samurai Warriors might not be any different. The soundtracks like Romance of the Three Kingdoms take considerably less. The best hosting platform would be one with just enough storage to fit the intended files, and a large amount of bandwidth for the transfers.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:49 pm

On a side note, pretty much all KOEI albums are available at the VGM Central hub on Direct Connect.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Elven Fury » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:04 pm

i went there it didnt seem to work for me...
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:40 pm

Elven Fury wrote:i went there it didnt seem to work for me...

Sucks to be you, I got about a hundred new albums there, heehee.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:57 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:On a side note, pretty much all KOEI albums are available at the VGM Central hub on Direct Connect.

What is the URL address? That seems like a pretty decent site.
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Next

Return to Kongming's Archives