Sanguo Yanyi Biography Thread (Preparation)

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Asellas » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:39 pm

When will the bio section be updated? I've seen the SGZ bio section updates but not SGYY.
Should I progress with the Xuande bio or compile another up? It's half term this week, so I can put much more time into them.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Asellas » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:50 pm

Yesterday, I finished Huangfu Song SGYY bio and it has been posted in the SYS forum for feedback and view. Are bio's like Huangfu Song and Zhu Jun etc etc... wanted for KMA?
"Winter is coming".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Wizardman » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:36 pm

Asellas wrote:Yesterday, I finished Huangfu Song SGYY bio and it has been posted in the SYS forum for feedback and view. Are bio's like Huangfu Song and Zhu Jun etc etc... wanted for KMA?

I don't see why not. Now, if you did people who appeared maybe once in the whole thing (Lu Kang, He Man), then that may be a waste of time.

Anyway, I'll probably take a break for now, now that the Wei Yan bio's done. When I get time, I'll pick a shorter person. Not sure who yet.
Huang Zhong: Are you calling me old?!
Wei Yan: ...Yes.
Huang Zhong: Liu Bei! I demand you kill him!
Liu Bei: Well it's... true...
Wizardman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:08 am

James or Flo... can you give me an idea of who to do next? I was thinking either Lu Zhi or Zhu Jun. Or maybe you want someone from one of the kingdoms?
Did you like the Huangfu Song one, James?
"Winter is coming".
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Wizardman » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:59 pm

My plan is to do a Pang Tong SGYY Bio over spring break, but it'll probably be a few months before it's dine, so someone else can do it if they want. (Yes, I now I've only done Shu ones, but that's because they have none.)
Wizardman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:20 pm

Wizardman wrote:My plan is to do a Pang Tong SGYY Bio over spring break, but it'll probably be a few months before it's dine, so someone else can do it if they want. (Yes, I now I've only done Shu ones, but that's because they have none.)

People should od whatever they like. I'd rather attempts weren't submitted to fill in gaps at KMA unless the author also wanted to make that content. And as a general reference to everyone, I don't currently have FTP access to KMA, but that's being worked on.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Wizardman » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:33 pm

James wrote:
Wizardman wrote:My plan is to do a Pang Tong SGYY Bio over spring break, but it'll probably be a few months before it's dine, so someone else can do it if they want. (Yes, I now I've only done Shu ones, but that's because they have none.)

People should od whatever they like. I'd rather attempts weren't submitted to fill in gaps at KMA unless the author also wanted to make that content. And as a general reference to everyone, I don't currently have FTP access to KMA, but that's being worked on.

I am doing the bios I want to do, nothing more. The fact that Shu had no bios is coincidence.
Wizardman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Morg » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:28 am

I'm about to start work on bios for Meng Huo and Man Chong, Cao Cao part 2 is also being worked on.
"If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you." - Cao Cao to Pang De
Morg
The Man

Unread postby Asellas » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:29 am

Ok, since my biography on Ma Chao seems to be overlooked, I might as well mention the progress on it. I last updated it/started it and posted it in Febuary and it was, 3/4's of a page, now all the work I have put in it is maybe 5 pages? So, while it isn't finished, and while I do it for myself, I would just like to know if it is good enough for KMA.
The biography will be done quite quickly, I am updating it even now though I shan't post it publically if it isn't even looked at since its just a waste of my time to do so.
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:37 am

Asellas wrote:The biography will be done quite quickly, I am updating it even now though I shan't post it publically if it isn't even looked at since its just a waste of my time to do so.

Sheesh, don't expect to have it looked at with that attitude. ;) You should be working on it for love of the bio, not specifically for KMA!
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives