Sanguo Yanyi Biography Thread (Preparation)

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:09 am

Nobody’s said anything about writing a Kong Rong biography. :)
Also, the system now supports multiple biographies, so if you we ever do come up with two submissions, or if you ever are inclined to write a second, we can display both of them with no problem.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:58 am

Ooh Kong Rong. He was a descendent of Confucius right? If memory serves correctly, he was an interesting guy too. :)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:23 pm

twentieth generation descent, I think he made that up while drunk. :wink:

I always had the impression that he got nastier after the loss of Bei Hai in the novel, maybe the bio work will dispel that thought.

Edit: Finished the bio, my impression still stands
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sam » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:58 pm

Kong Rong's a great character. I especially liked the story told in the novel of how he chided a scholar for being sceptical of his youthful intelligence. I'm very much looking forward to reading his biography. :)
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:43 pm

“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Fri May 11, 2007 1:44 am

Can somebody plz give us a english bio of Fa Zheng plz?? I do not know much of him, and I want to learn more, I don't care if its SGZ or SGYY, just very killing for more info on him
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri May 11, 2007 5:53 am

Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat May 12, 2007 1:45 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Fa Zheng's SGZ

thx, Dong Zhuo, Just one more, do u have a bio of Zhang Bao (as in Zhang Fei's son)??
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat May 12, 2007 10:45 am

No novel one but SGZ wise sons tend to share bio's with their fathers unless really important from what I can tell. This is all Zhang Fei's SGZ says

His first son Zhang Bao, died early
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Wed May 16, 2007 3:14 am

Dong Zhou wrote:No novel one but SGZ wise sons tend to share bio's with their fathers unless really important from what I can tell. This is all Zhang Fei's SGZ says

His first son Zhang Bao, died early

damm, I always wanted a bio of him, well thx anyway Dong Zhuo :D
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives