Sanguo Yanyi Biography Thread (Preparation)

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Sam » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:41 pm

Lu Kang would be awesome. I've been thinking of writing one up on him myself for some time, but I'd love to see someone else take a punch at it. Tis' a shame about your Zhang Lu bio though, SlickSlicer - it'd be great to see one on him. I usually save my own works in separate locations to ensure that something like that doesn't happen. If you have a USB stick, you could start saving copies there as well as on your desktop.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:02 pm

Yeah...it would be nice to see biographies of all the rulers on KA some day. The Zhang Lu thing royally sucked. :/

The amazing thing to me is that my favorite ruler Yuan Shu doesn't have a Sanguo Yanyi. I'll have to make one for him one of these days. >_> First I'll try to finish up Zhou Tai though. Unfortunately I don't have a USB stick or anything that I know of which I can save these bios on. So I'm using microsoft word or notepad and just not closing any documents...
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Wow… why not create a thread here in this forum as a saving point for your works in progress? At least that means you’ll have a copy somewhere. I don’t mind if you open a thread in the Kongming’s Archives forum as a scratch pad for your work. Heck, you might even get feedback as you go along.

How does your computer launch MS Word but not save?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:26 pm

James wrote:Wow… why not create a thread here in this forum as a saving point for your works in progress? At least that means you’ll have a copy somewhere. I don’t mind if you open a thread in the Kongming’s Archives forum as a scratch pad for your work. Heck, you might even get feedback as you go along.

How does your computer launch MS Word but not save?

Every now and then I get some stupid message saying that '[insert file name here] auto-save is postponed.' When I try to save it, it says that the file is invalid or something like that. Also, several of my old files which I tried to open, are not opening and whenever I try to open them it says that they do not exist anymore. D:

I'll take you up on the offer for a scratch pad thread though. Thanks for the help. I'll only use it for biographies or whatever. :)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:27 pm

Go ahead and create your thread. :)

Consider trying Open Office (openoffice.org) to see if you can open files with it instead? It should be able to open all of your Office documents, as long as they are not corrupt. If they are corrupt, however, that could indicate much greater problems on your computer.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sam » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:30 pm

Ooh, I like the idea of a sketch pad thread for biographies. I've got a few works in progress which I'd love to get some feedback on, and that'd be the perfect place to do so. Would the thread be stickified, or just your average Joe?
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby James » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:03 pm

Two different approaches are fine with me.

If someone just wants to make a scratch pad for a biography they can start a new thread and start writing. It could be here while they write it, and when complete, they can polish up the first thread and we can move it to SGYYS for better viewing.

Or a sticky thread could be made in which anyone can make a post specifically to be used as a scratch pad for writing biographies, but that would confuse feedback a little. You guys are welcome to take any approach you like. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:39 pm

Or a sticky thread could be made in which anyone can make a post specifically to be used as a scratch pad for writing biographies, but that would confuse feedback a little. You guys are welcome to take any approach you like

I prefer this one for organizational purposes personally. Feedback might get confused if people don't mention which bio they're commenting on, but other than that I think that it would clutter the Symposium board more if everybody posted their rough and/or final works in one topic.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:54 am

I originally suggested the scratch topics be placed in Kongming’s Archives, but for purposes of a single scratch topic by a single author, or for individual biographies in progress, the SGYYS should be fine as well. We do, of course, post those biographies in the SGYYS anyway, so it works out in the end. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:18 pm

I have written a Liu Feng and a Zhang Song SGYY bio(the last one needs one last reading check for errors) and was wondering if it was alright if I did a Kong Rong SGYY bio?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives