Destiny of an Emperor Music

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Destiny of an Emperor Music

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:40 am

James, I just read in another thread that you have almost all Koei mp3s, but are looking for someone to host them. Well, I don't have a lot of space, but I do currently have all the music for Destiny of an Emperor on my webpage. It is in an NSF file, which is basically all of the game sounds and music ripped straight from the NES game cart into one file. There is a special plugin that you can get for Winamp that will allow you to play them.

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/giles/sosz/doae.nsf

NSF players and plugins can be found here:

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nsf.html

If you're interested in linking up to this from the Music page of KMA, just go for it; I'm going to leave it online unless you don't use it.
Last edited by Kong Wen on Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:15 am

Nice, I have been trying to get the Destiny of an Emperor music for a while now, actually. One question, do you know of any ways to convert that audio file to an mp3, or maybe to divide it into separate tracks? I don’t have any tools which can play NSF files, and I can’t find any on the Internet (Macintosh).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:29 pm

Well, I don't think I can actually convert them to mp3 because of the nature of the file. The only way I could get them into that format for you would be to encode them all myself and then split them up into separate tracks... which I CAN do, but then I won't be able to host them; they will be too large.

I could convert them manually and just send them to you, though, but it will have to wait until the middle of next week, when I am done work.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:21 am

How about converting it to .WAV and then to .MP3? => http://gamemusic.emugaming.com/tutorial_vgm2mp3.php

I think you may need a plugin for playing NSF in Winamp => http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nsf.html

I didn't try this out myself so maybe you'll need to read the instructions carefully before starting. :)
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:03 pm

Thanks Great Deer. The .nsf to .wav to .mp3 route was my (poorly explained) plan in the first place. But, I didn't know WinAmp could encode to .wavs on its own. This is a great shortcut. I have been using a seperate utility all this time.

Edit: They're all done as separate tracks, 15 in total, each one 5:06 long. If you want, I can use some of the sound software I use in my studio to shorten the tracks up a bit (there is a lot of repeat in them).
Last edited by Kong Wen on Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:08 pm

Kong Zhengshu wrote:Anyway, I will post an edit to this message when I have the files done.

If you can get the separate files that would be wonderful, I may be able to find a host for them down the road. I’ll also go ahead and link to the NSF file for those who can use it. Thanks for the information too, Chris.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Return to Kongming's Archives