New Music Format...

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby DianWei » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:25 pm

James wrote:Hmm… where does the compression come from? Audio quality, no doubt. Furthermore, there is the issue of cross-platform compatibility to worry about as well, I refuse to do anything with formats that are Windows only.

psf is the playstation standard as psf2 is the ps2 standard for music, as spc is the snes standard of music, and nsf is the NES standard for music

if you are interested i think psmplay can rip ps1 psfs, but i never really wanted to get the extensions installed to record/listen to psfs, however i do have winamp plugins for nsf and spc, and im pretty sure that if they dont have a nsf player for mac, it wont be long until there is one...

i remember reading the newsfeed when it came out but i didnt think to tell kongming... its a very good observation kyuga

Kongming: if anything, converting it to a 128 kpbs/160 kbps mp3 would lower audio quality (albeit as much as ripping mp3s from a cd does)
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Interesting, but I’ll stick to mp3, simply because everyone can use that audio format. If a format isn’t supported by the defalut players on a computer (over multiple opperating systems) I don’t really have an interest in using it.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Kongming's Archives