Kongming's Archives Content Requests

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby James » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:57 pm

Sure, I would love to have them. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shwei » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:38 pm

You should update the staff info. It's like two years out of date. It doesn't even have Kong Wen as an administrator and it only has like half of the moderators.
If im postin here its not about china
Shwei
Master

Location: Wow who talks about china on these forums...wierd people

Unread postby HashibaHideyoshi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:26 am

Asellas wrote:They are the same portraits you can unlock on the PS2 version. Yes, I do mean the actual portraits. http://61.136.152.55/SANGUOGAME/special/san10/san10.html
There aren't any fan-made patches for in-game, only external ones like game editors, and they are in the "/fan" department anyway. It's also from KOEI because they are the same style portraits, and only they could incorporate it in the game. Lawson is just the host, as you need to subscribe on the gamecity -> koei fanbase page to get the portraits (and others) but it is nonetheless KOEI.

But, I mean, I could put all the portraits into a zipped folder and send. Sorry, I should have specified, do you want the portraits? I'll compile them as I can keep their original quality etc...

Hey. I pretty much registered here because I just wanted to say... PLEASE let this happen! As a fan of the NA series, I really want to get my hands on these portraits. I tried going to the site above myself, but I can't read Chinese and even after downloading several of the files, I couldn't find the one mentioned.

I really hope this pulls through soon... Thanks.
"Everything is a dream... within a dream..."
HashibaHideyoshi
Tyro

Unread postby MrAndy » Wed May 10, 2006 6:41 am

I was wondering if you could upload the Dynasty Warriors 5 portraits? I couldn't find any on the site, well, what I found where dead external links to Gamecity sites.
The Koei Project - Share your ideas for Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, or any Koei related project to be professionally suggested to Koei corporation.
MrAndy
Sage

Unread postby Wo Long » Wed May 10, 2006 4:22 pm

I suggest getting pages for the games that are listed, but have no home pages. Such as Kessen 3, Dynasty Warriors 5 XL, Empires, etc.

I'd be more than willing to help out with any of them. I have Kessen 3 and I know where to get portraits and such.
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed May 10, 2006 5:46 pm

Maybe I’ll put together a list of all the times generally needed in order to open a new page at Kongming’s Archives. With that information collected, it should be easier to open new pages. Unfortunately, on my own, I don’t really have the time I need in order to address that matter…

A long-term site rewrite is in progress, and is taking place quite slowly (a remake of the whole KMA code engine). I have to rewrite stuff on some pages though in order to make them work, and other things will have to be rethought (like the biography pages) before this is fully complete. Either way, once finished, adding new game pages should be very easy.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Wo Long » Wed May 10, 2006 6:37 pm

James wrote:A long-term site rewrite is in progress, and is taking place quite slowly (a remake of the whole KMA code engine). I have to rewrite stuff on some pages though in order to make them work, and other things will have to be rethought (like the biography pages) before this is fully complete. Either way, once finished, adding new game pages should be very easy.

So will there be a new layout/skin with this rewrite, or is it purely to make some things a bit more efficient?
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed May 10, 2006 7:10 pm

Wo Long wrote:So will there be a new layout/skin with this rewrite, or is it purely to make some things a bit more efficient?

Yes, the new redesign will also feature a comple redesign of the Kongming’s Archives website. The new template is well into development as well, and is nearly fully functional. It is currently backward-compatible with a remake of the old layout (themes would be changed a little differently though), but I am not sure if that feature will still exist when the redesign is finished. The current Kongming’s Archives site design may die at that point.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Wo Long » Wed May 10, 2006 8:51 pm

D=

KMA is...gone. Not just down or something, but gone (it says there's no address comfigured there). Did it get deleted or is this temporary while you finish those changes?
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Wed May 10, 2006 8:58 pm

Where is it?? I thought it was an error for Wo Long, but it's really gone!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives