Kongming's Archives Content Requests

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:32 pm

Is this the PC version you’re playing? I have all the portraits for officers, but I do not have the special portraits (created officers, northern and southern mystic, etc.). I would love to get them. Also, I would love to get a full set of in-game screenshots. The only trick for the PC game screenshots is that when they are submitted I strongly prefer that they aren’t compressed so I can do a lot of different things with them. I’m already planning to make a portraits project for it.

Even if it is the PS2 version, it certainly has a home.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:05 pm

James wrote:Is this the PC version you’re playing? I have all the portraits for officers, but I do not have the special portraits (created officers, northern and southern mystic, etc.). I would love to get them. Also, I would love to get a full set of in-game screenshots. The only trick for the PC game screenshots is that when they are submitted I strongly prefer that they aren’t compressed so I can do a lot of different things with them. I’m already planning to make a portraits project for it.

Even if it is the PS2 version, it certainly has a home.

I can get you the custom portraits, and even the NPCs. As for the screenshots, I have Photoshop CS so I can save as .jpg and they won't be compressed. Could you specify here or in a pm what screenshots you want or just 1 of everything?
Yes, I mean the PC version.

I'll obtain the NPC (Mystics et al.) now and send them to you. Wait, I'll code a page quickly, upload the pics, and have them in a nice order for you to look at. Would that be satisfactory?
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:21 pm

Please save them in 24 bit PNG? That way I can know there is absolutely no loss. For using elements of the screenshots on the site they basically have to be exactly as they are in the game (that’s where I get things like the ring around biography portraits in the novel section). Getting those portraits would be wonderful too!

What would really be best is just to send me all the images in folders along with how you’d like to be credited. I’ll put it all up on Kongming’s Archives, and I’ve got a script to write the HTML for a lot of this stuff already (I wrote it to save myself time).
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:32 pm

James wrote:Please save them in 24 bit PNG? That way I can know there is absolutely no loss. For using elements of the screenshots on the site they basically have to be exactly as they are in the game (that’s where I get things like the ring around biography portraits in the novel section). Getting those portraits would be wonderful too!

What would really be best is just to send me all the images in folders along with how you’d like to be credited. I’ll put it all up on Kongming’s Archives, and I’ve got a script to write the HTML for a lot of this stuff already (I wrote it to save myself time).

Ok, no problem, James! :D

I'll work on it now. I'll provide the rest of the stuff and how I'd like to be credited in the final e-mail with the last images.
The screenshots will be exactly how they are in game as well. I'll do the portraits (NPCs and Customs) and then I'll provide screenshots of of the different "assets" different cities have. E.g. Flood control.
"Winter is coming".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:37 pm

And yeah, a screenshot of each interesting thing would be great. If you’re up to it, you can separate them into categories as well (battles, city management, etc.). And if you want to go all out, you can make them unusual screenshots (e.g. Pei Yuanshao meeting someone famous, Han Fu leading an army and beating Cao Cao, anything funny).
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:44 pm

James wrote:And yeah, a screenshot of each interesting thing would be great. If you’re up to it, you can separate them into categories as well (battles, city management, etc.). And if you want to go all out, you can make them unusual screenshots (e.g. Pei Yuanshao meeting someone famous, Han Fu leading an army and beating Cao Cao, anything funny).

Ok, I'll do that making it so I'll have Pei Yuanshao in a duel against someone like Zhang Fei as well.
I'll rename the folders with RTKX Battles, RTK X City man. etc.
I'll even throw in the different things like weather change and then Thunder Bolt ;)

BTW: A few will be unnamed as I am not fimiliar with them (Mainly some of the mystics) so I'll just name as mystic1 or something.
"Winter is coming".
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:03 pm

Sounds great to me!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:54 pm

Right, I've sent the first batch of portraits in an e-mail (With an explanation of what they contain). Lemme know if you get the e-mail (I used my most reliable one which allowed me to send a 1.5mb file). I'll post here (edit) when I have done the custom characters, screenshots of the different cities, and even screenshots of funny yet bizarre scenes... poor Pei Yuanshao, he's gonna get slaughtered :P

Back to work for me!
NPC list completed
25/110 custom pictures filed.
0/x screenshots.
"Winter is coming".
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:18 am

This is just a suggestion but why not have a few event stills (particularly the more unique ones) and animated event screenshots as some? That would be very balanced as you could have a few in-game screenshots (often weird ones like Pei Yuanshao dueling Zhang Fei :P ) and a few shots of the special features in the game. Maybe even screw around with the personality test until you get a weird character and then put up a screenshot of the results.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:08 am

Hey… if they come my way, I’ll post them on Kongming’s Archives.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives