Bad Links and Page Errors

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Re: Bad Links and Page Errors

Unread postby James » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 am

No problem! There are some cases where one of those notes can get messed up, but hopefully they're all working properly. I usually check every last one of them before I put a biography online. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Regarding today:

After you get the Hundred Huo Hu game, there's a link to take you to the real KMA, but it leads to an error page link. Not sure if that's intentional or not.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James (Lazy) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Oops! Thanks. :)
James (Lazy)

Unread postby Starscream » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi James, is there a real Huo Hu among the fakes? :cry:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby James (Lazy) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Yep! And a prize for people who find it (I was planning on sharing some new soundtracks or something and allowing people to download it). Probably nice for many of the site's regular visitors. By the time morning came I thought I would have to make it easier, but I already had some emails from people who had found the real Huo Hu. It's tricky, though. They all shuffle around every time the screen flashes white and they're all replaced once the wrong Huo Hu is guessed.

I played this morning and found the real one after about four minutes of searching. I know his portrait better than most, though. :)
James (Lazy)

Unread postby kiko94 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Guys, I've been really enjoying SoSZ and KMA for a few months now, but while browsing officer biographies I found that there a few broken link, especially for the External SGZ officers, Guo Hai, Xu Huang are a couple of them to mention, though you'd want to check them out, thanks for your time and the effort you're putting into this !
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby James » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 pm

SInce I see ol' Huo Hu mentioned up there, I should mention that I have temporarily lost access to my old-computer email which included all the Huo Hu winners. I've recovered the email database, though, so I just need to find a way to somehow manually restore it to my email client to browse it.

kiko94 wrote:Hi Guys, I've been really enjoying SoSZ and KMA for a few months now, but while browsing officer biographies I found that there a few broken link, especially for the External SGZ officers, Guo Hai, Xu Huang are a couple of them to mention, though you'd want to check them out, thanks for your time and the effort you're putting into this !

Have you encountered any broken links to biographies hosted on Kongming's Archives?

I know there are broken links to off-site biographies. Unfortunately. I have't yet decided how I'm going to handle that. I might try to track some of them down through services like the WayBack Machine and correct the links.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shritzu » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 am

I did not want to throw up a new thread so...i figured id ask about something related?
I may have been away for 2 years, but now random words are blue on every page as though they are links and they turn out to be advertisments. Is this an error? something new? or...well what?
Bleh
Shritzu
Master

Unread postby James » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Shritzu wrote:I did not want to throw up a new thread so...i figured id ask about something related?
I may have been away for 2 years, but now random words are blue on every page as though they are links and they turn out to be advertisments. Is this an error? something new? or...well what?

You have some kind of adware/malware on your computer. I would start by downloading the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and doing a full system scan. You can also go to add/remove programs and look for anything suspicious.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shritzu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 am

You don't say...curse this technology.Thank you.(as a technological clutz,i have work to do.)
Bleh
Shritzu
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives