Bad Links and Page Errors

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Sun Siling » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:29 am

On the Dynasty Tatics portriats page, Sun Quan's picture is named Sun Ce and Sun Ce's is Sun Quan... :P
"Learn from the past, Live in the present, Plan for the future."
But sometimes you learn from friends too ^_^
Sun Siling
Academic

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:31 am

Sun Siling wrote:On the Dynasty Tatics portriats page, Sun Quan's picture is named Sun Ce and Sun Ce's is Sun Quan... :P

What page are you looking at? It appears to be correct on my end. Sun Ce is the one with the goofy helmet.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:44 am

James, there're a few portraits/avatars from San Guo Qun Ying Zhuan 3 that are currently marked 'unknown'. I recognise some of them; would you like to have the names?

Also, in the "games", "music" and "site map" section, the black column on the right is covering some words...
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:00 am

Zhanghe_of_Wei wrote:James, there're a few portraits/avatars from San Guo Qun Ying Zhuan 3 that are currently marked 'unknown'. I recognise some of them; would you like to have the names?

Yes, please.

Zhanghe_of_Wei wrote:Also, in the "games", "music" and "site map" section, the black column on the right is covering some words...

That problem again? What browser are you using and does the problem remain no matter how large your browser window is?
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:08 am

James wrote:That problem again? What browser are you using and does the problem remain no matter how large your browser window is?

The problem was there even when the browser is maximised. I'm using Explorer. Eh..later I'll check if the problem occurs when I use my home PC (also internet explorer)
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:35 am

Zhanghe_of_Wei wrote:The problem was there even when the browser is maximised. I'm using Explorer. Eh..later I'll check if the problem occurs when I use my home PC (also internet explorer)

That has got to be the most annoying browser bug I have ever encountered in my Web design career. I have had it with it though. It works now, well enough (I had to set table widths to auto) in Internet Explorer 6, and Internet Explorer 5 renders the bug differently (in an acceptable manner). Is the problem in Internet Explorer 5.5? What version is your browser?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:52 pm

Sorry, James. If I'd known you're already aware of such a problem for the browser, and you're annoyed by it, I would not have said it. I don't mind it THAT much :roll: :oops:
At home now, using Explorer 5. The problem is still there. I'm not sure about the version for my office pc though. :?
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:12 pm

It just annoys me because it was a truly moronic screw-up on Microsoft’s part, and because they have had it around, in one form or another, ever since 5.0. It takes a very special kind of not giving a damn to pull that off.

Thank you for telling me though, I thought I had finally fixed it. Are you using 5.0 when the problem comes up? Can you send me a screen shot?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Stuart » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:26 am

On this page http://www.kongming.net/novel/bios/type.php#sgz the two links at the top of the page link to the same site

e.g.
Biographies are sorted by biography type, kingdom then officer name.
Click here to sort by kingdom, officer, then biography type instead.
Click here if you are looking for Han, Three Kingdoms, or Jin Emperor Biographies
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:54 am

Fixed, thank you.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives