Bad Links and Page Errors

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Shi Jing Xu » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:19 am

For Links, you have www.samguji.net 2 times. I dont know if you did this on purpose, because when you click info for either one, it always goes to the first one.
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Shi Jing Xu
Hermione G

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:29 am

Shi Jing Xu wrote:For Links, you have www.samguji.net 2 times. I dont know if you did this on purpose, because when you click info for either one, it always goes to the first one.

Damn... they are supposed to lead to different parts of the site.
I will have to check that.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:57 am

Your "email to the webmaster" script doesn't seem to be working. I get a

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@caffinated.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at kongming.net Port 80

message.

(I was trying to email you about me receiving spam mail from coolstats.com, which is promoting some kind of web stats tracking service. I file the abuse reports accordingly, but I find it strange that I get any spam mail about your site at all...)
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:19 am

I just checked my email form and it appears to be working (now at least). It is all handled server side, so it would be odd for there to be problems in some browser, but not others. Let me know if you have more trouble with it.

Cool stats? They must have tried to harvest email addresses from Kongming’s Archives with a spider program. I try to encode email addresses to prevent this, but it doesn’t always work. (Sometimes companies harvest emails from a site and then message them all as if they were the Webmaster in hopes of getting lucky and speaking with him/her). Hehe, Jonathan Wu in particular gets KMA email [spam].

Does that answer your thoughts?
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:31 am

Yeah.

Well, it's not bugging me too much, but it looks like I'm in the same boat as Jon, getting virtual salesmen about stuff we don't own :lol:
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:41 am

Carp's Tail wrote:Well, it's not bugging me too much, but it looks like I'm in the same boat as Jon, getting virtual salesmen about stuff we don't own :lol:

The script I use completely removes my address from the site (took a long time to set up though), and they still find a way to get my address. I guess I should have come up with something a little more original than “webmaster@...”. :lol:
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:49 pm

Well, as the saying goes, hindsight is always 20/20.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:01 pm

Some errata/additions on your RTK8 pages:

"Others" portraits
1. That isn't Zuo Ci, but the regular fisherman who shows up now and then. Zuo Ci in RTK8 looks exactly like he does in RTK7.

2. "Unknown Officer 8" is Lin Zhi, a famous wife that you can marry.

3. "Unknown Officer 9" is Hu Ji, another famous wife that you can marry.

"Male" portraits:
1. That isn't Xu Chu. Xu Chu looks exactly like he does in RTK7. I can't remember who that portrait belongs to though...

2. "Unknown Officer 12" is Han De.

3. The first 8 "unknown officers" are various random pictures for your fictional son or your fictional husband (if you're playing a girl character).

"Female" portraits:
1. That isn't Sun Shang Xiang. SSX looks different than that.

2. The other unknown officers are various random pictures for your fictional daughter or your fictional wife (if you're playing a guy character).

Main RTK8 index page:
Your link to the English language page for RTK8 is broken (404 error).
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:24 pm

Hahah the RTK8 page is outdated, but James has a list of portraits from me as well as all the female portraits.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby James » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:00 pm

Thanks, all fixed! :D
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives