Samurai Archives

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Samurai Archives

Unread postby Korin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 am

http://forums.samurai-archives.com/ - is this the japanese verison of here?
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Samurai Archives

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Sorry its taken so long to reply, I don't know if your still interested but I've done a little bit of looking around the site.

It is probably named for KMA's as this site has been the premier site for 3K discussion for many years and many of our members are also interested in Samurai's. However it certainly isn't patnered with SoSZ and I don't think any major members of the site crossover. Also if you look at the membership list it hasn't had (or evenly currently have) many members who have posted a lot. By the 3rd page of SA you are on members who have only made a 100 odd posts, on the 3 page of our membership list you are on people who made 1000+ posts. That is a big difference. Anyway I recognised a few of the members on the site, but no-one who is still active, I'd imagine it is a good board but I don't imagine its going to be any more active then SOSZ is at this time.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:08 pm

It's actually less active than here. Sucks tho, cause I was searching for Samurai/Sengoku forums and can't find any good active ones.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheWrathPrince » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:57 am

I actual surf around the site and I found a lot of sumaria lover (yeah! I know it's a samurai forum) another interesting site, thank you for sharing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You're cheap knives won't kill a Dark warrior." - The Dark Prince
TheWrathPrince
Tyro

Unread postby Korin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Why is there so many accounts over there? there's like 100 new accounts a day wtf
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Korin wrote:Why is there so many accounts over there? there's like 100 new accounts a day wtf

Spammers.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 am

SA always struck me as an odd place in truth; prior to starting SJA, I joined SA's forum but they conveyed themselves as very elitist and were quite unforthcoming...I did, however, consider recruiting there for SJA until SlickSlicer (Jordan) wisely dissuaded me from doing so.

Their Samurai Database is excellent nonetheless, and you can't question these guy's sheer depth of knowledge.

I've often thought of re-opening SJA but, in this climate of diminishing interest for online communities, it might prove a gargantuan waste of time. It was arduous enough to draw/recruit members five years ago, even with several forum partnerships (including SoSZ)...
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Would be fun to get our old crowd back together though, wel for a month or two before we all remember why we went our seperate ways! :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Would be fun to get our old crowd back together though, wel for a month or two before we all remember why we went our seperate ways! :lol:

Yeah I know, the bunch of b...wait, what? lol

Seriously though, I think the proposed merger with Nine Dragons killed SJA, after it fell though our user-base broke away quietly. Either that, or everyone couldn't abide the drama anymore...or Baiko yelling at the timid-folk. :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 pm

I think it killed 9D as well to be honest! I miss Baiko :(
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Kongming's Archives