KMA Schedule

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby James » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:25 pm

It was updated quite a while ago; clear your cache for force reload.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:07 pm

The novel section is screaming for some attention. All other sections are active, but my section seems to get abandonned for some reason.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:19 am

Jonathan Wu wrote:The novel section is screaming for some attention. All other sections are active, but my section seems to get abandonned for some reason.

No it hasn’t, I am just focusing on the redesign.
Sun Jian is going live today, but aside from him there isn’t any new content for the time being. I plan to put Lü Bu’s SGZ together as well. All the bits are there now, aside from a few footnotes, so why not post what we have?
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:51 am

James wrote:
Jonathan Wu wrote:The novel section is screaming for some attention. All other sections are active, but my section seems to get abandonned for some reason.

No it hasn’t, I am just focusing on the redesign.
Sun Jian is going live today, but aside from him there isn’t any new content for the time being. I plan to put Lü Bu’s SGZ together as well. All the bits are there now, aside from a few footnotes, so why not post what we have?

There's more stuff that can be put up, you have just forgotten them. I'll send it to you again.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:16 am

Jonathan Wu wrote:There's more stuff that can be put up, you have just forgotten them. I'll send it to you again.

That is probably best. Forgive my horrible memory.
Mountains of stuff probably grow old and die in the mound of text I call my inbox. :(
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby DianWei » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:10 am

i dunno if this is applicaple for this thread... but im sorry i havent sent ya anything in a while James for the I Ching... as a friendly reminder, could ya tell me what chapter i sent ya last?
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:51 am

DianWei wrote:i dunno if this is applicaple for this thread... but im sorry i havent sent ya anything in a while James for the I Ching... as a friendly reminder, could ya tell me what chapter i sent ya last?

Chapter 14, I think. And I also wanted to ask you, what is your exact source?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby DianWei » Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:52 am

It's a revised translation of the I Ching translated by James Legge...
im not sure when he wrote it but i found his lifespan to be between 1815-1897 so it should be public domain... even if he finished it on his deathbed... my version was revised in 1996 by Random House

They were having a booksale by the military base under a tent... and just reading Rotk in the car on the way there i remembered a passage about the I ching... lo and behold its there... i beg my parents to buy it and i got it... i never would have thought to find anything of interest at a fundraising booksale...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:01 am

I don't think KMA should be affiliated with any Chinese religion or philosophy...
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:38 am

So DianWei, are you going to post sections of the I Ching on KMA? That'd be great, especially since there are always people wanting to know about Taoism, whether 3K figures are Taoists, where the 8-Trigram stuff came from etc.

Jonathan Wu wrote:I don't think KMA should be affiliated with any Chinese religion or philosophy...

I don't think this will be a problem. As I have suggested in some threads before, the I Ching is just an ancient text predating any of the Chinese religions/philosophies that we can see today. It is no more "religious" than the Guan Yu stories in SGYY... if people want to draw a religious link from them then that's their choice. :D
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives