KMA Schedule

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby James » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:02 am

Jonathan Wu wrote:well I'll be a bloody bitch, when will the site stop logging me out? ggrrrr

It doesn’t log me out, but it is fond of forgetting what posts are new and old as of late. I am trying to figure out it it is because of a link on the site. I will destroy this problem when I find it.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby DianWei » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:16 am

eh... i dont hold any belief in the i ching whatsoever... its like believing in "head or tails" except with a fun lil story that tells you whether you should cross the great bridge and meet the wise man, or if you should beware of the cave and especially a red cape... i like it in a mythological sort of way... and also in a short anecedote time to kill and i dont have anything better to do then read something and hope i understand what it means kinda way... On top of that I'm christian so i definately don't believe in fortune telling whatsoever... however i did give James some basic informatiojn on how the I Ching is implemented... and on top of that i think ill work on some chapters right now... I have just finished like 7 essays and 3 test in the past two weeks...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:49 pm

I agree with Jon's point that we shouldn't overextend ourselves and go into religion and philosophy too much, since we don't have experts here on those areas and we don't want to misrepresent any side. However, I think that to fully appreciate SGYY one needs some background on the traditional philosophy that is so much part of the Chinese culture and reflected in the novel.

I'm not ready to give an exegesis of the I Ching text, but if you look at it carefully, there is zero religious content. Heck, the text doesn't even say that it can be a divination tool. In terms of historical relevance, some have argued that the I Ching documents the rise to power of the first King of Zhou dynasty, but I remain neutral on that point.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:48 am

That is a good perspective. I need to look into it more myself, if anything I do want to learn about it just because I like studying various interesting things. And this is also the reason why I am considering it, I like the idea of adding various bits of Chinese culture and history even though they may not be directly related to Three Kingdoms.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:30 am

I will be revising all Comprehensive Officer Biographies, during the sites transport to php. Since James has taught me how to do the html myself, updates will be a lot faster from now on. W00t!
I don't know why the hell I call them comprehensive anyways, they are starting to get bloody huge and suck up so much time.

CoBs revised:
Zhuge Liang
Zhu Jun
Zhu Ju
Zhu Zhi
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Liu Bei Shu » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:42 am

Mod edit (James): post deleted, user permanently banned.
Do not delete this post, kept on record for IP reference.
Liu Bei Shu
Banned

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:53 am

This thread hasn’t been used for a while.
Mostly it is just a matter of chaos in how updates are handled. At least it is a fairly organized chaos. Those family trees will appear online when they do, though there are currently no associated plans.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Mistake

Unread postby James » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:52 am

Aden513 wrote:Read again those things you wrote, you might find some terrible misconceptions.

What exactly are you talking about? :?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jason » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:54 am

I think it's a bot James....the name is fishy, and the link in the sig is also.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby James » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Ezekiel wrote:I think it's a bot James....the name is fishy, and the link in the sig is also.

Haha. You caught it, when I missed it, along with a few moderators elsewhere.
One look at the profile pretty much gave it away. Thank you.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Kongming's Archives