SoSZ journal

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

SoSZ journal

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:59 pm

I got this idea from the Kunlun Journal and have been thinking about it all day. Basically as a community could we not put together a quarterly/annual magazine. We've got a range of talents from Crazed and others who can write stories, Guo Bia and others who can draw as well as poets, historians, Koei game reviews and Book and Film Reviews (again maybe focusing on 3K if not Chinese History generally). What would be the purpose? Well Exar mentioned the other day how the other 3K discussion boards have been going into decline yet the members don't seem to be coming here, this could be a great way to draw those members in. I can also think of several members (and I'm sure the rest of you who have been here longer than me can think of more) who have faded out but are talented in one of the mentioned fields who might come back to contribute. Also depending on its popularity we might even be able to charge for it taking some of the finacial burden for this place off James' shoulders.

Anyone think the idea's got potential? The other thing is that it would need an editor. I'd be worse than useless in such a role, I'm often lazy, completely unorganised and bad with deadlines. I know that James is very busy but maybe someone else might be interested in taking the idea forward?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: SoSZ journal

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 am

I like it. I remember the site allempires used to do this. I honestly think it could work very well for Kongming's Archives. I don't know if it could actually work as a subscription thing though.

Regardless, I would participate if possible.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:05 am

The subscription idea was a kind of add on rather than an important feature.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby JohnD » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 am

I support this effort 100%. I'm not a huge fan of 3K myself, but I'm all for any attempt to create more writings about Chinese history, literature, etc. Anything to get more people aware of this stuff and participating. I'll be pretty busy with Kunlun Journal, but I'll help if I can.
JohnD
Tyro

Return to Kongming's Archives