Kongming’s Archives News? You?

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Kongming’s Archives News? You?

Unread postby James » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I have created a new forum called 'KMA News' in the Kongming's Archives forum. This is a special forum. Any topic created inside it with a US-formatted date (of this type: 1/12/10) will be displayed on Kongming’s Archives as a site update. For years I've been the only person posting content to the Kongming’s Archives home page, but this, and its associated user group, will now allow other people to share their thoughts as well.

Would you like to share news at Kongming’s Archives?
I’m looking for people who can offer news updates which are worth reading. Perhaps it can be based on the real world, such as an update about a Red Cliffs film or news about the discovery of Cao Cao’s tomb, with links back to Scholars of Shen Zhou? Or perhaps someone would like to cover the latest video game news?

If you’re interested, reply here or write to me. You’ll have to have some skill with the English language. Anything posted to the Kongming’s Archives home page should be professional, clear, and concise. You’ll have to be the sort of person who will re-read what you've written; check links, spelling and grammar; and share your update when you're personally comfortable that the site’s viewers will be able to read it comfortably.

Let me know! Reply here or send me a private message.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Kongming’s Archives News? You?

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:43 pm

You've made this a global announcement, which is confusing since it is accessible from every forum, not just this KMA-News one.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby James » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Ranbir wrote:You've made this a global announcement, which is confusing since it is accessible from every forum, not just this KMA-News one.

Good catch. When I originally wrote the topic I was expecting to make it an announcement in its own forum, but then I imagined it wouldn't get enough exposure. I've re-worded the opening paragraph so it is a little less confusing for someone finding it outside its own forum.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Qu Hui » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:55 am

James, I'd like to help out with this. Also, is the KMA News subfourm not supposed to have a 'New Topic' button? Or is that only available to the new usergroup?
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Ah very interesting...

I like the concept but I think time is the only issue. Next time a story like Cao Cao's tomb comes up I will see about writing an article. :)
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I like the concept but I think time is the only issue. Next time a story like Cao Cao's tomb comes up I will see about writing an article. :)

You could always write one now, if you like.
While we know quite a bit about this stuff here it's almost certainly new news to most of the site's viewers.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Korin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:19 am

How do I become Moderator/Editor? Which one is easier?
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Kongming's Archives