i need help finding the rotk live action dvd.

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

i need help finding the rotk live action dvd.

Unread postby firerose » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:17 pm

hi my b-day is coming up on april 11 and i want to buy the romance of the three kingdoms live action dvd but i dont know any good sites can some recommend me one? i just need one with english subs.

oh and the max i have is 100 bucks.
petals fall.. fires rise.. wars start and never ends.. peace is no more in the eyes of a immortal nor a suffering child.
firerose
Apprentice

Unread postby firerose » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:51 am

can anybody please help me :(
petals fall.. fires rise.. wars start and never ends.. peace is no more in the eyes of a immortal nor a suffering child.
firerose
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:54 am

What is the RTK live action DVD?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby firerose » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:56 am

Jump to: navigation, search
In 1995, CCTV produced a television adaptation of the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It was a 84-part series with 44-minute long episodes.

The whole series took a 1000-strong production group four years to complete, and recruited over 400,000 civilian participants, including divisions of the PLA. Most of the dialogues used were adapted directly from the novel and extensive battle scenes were live-acted to a breathtaking scale. It was CCTV's most expensive television series to date. from wiki

its this one with 84 eps i wanna order it but i dont know any good sites to oder it from.
edit: heres a pic of it
firerose
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:12 am

Ah, the television series. You can find it on eBay. Be very careful to read the region and language details and make sure the number of discs and packaging are of the official sort. If the price is too good to be true it probably is.

When you've found a potential auction, post it here, and we'll give you our thoughts.

Expect to pay around $100.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby firerose » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:25 am

http://www.cgcmall.com/Three_Kingdoms_D ... 00thre.htm i found this site a few seconds ago but i dont know if its a valid buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Romance-of-Three-Ki ... dZViewItem (this one seems good.)

edit: i can pay around $100 just not past it like 200 or 300 its a gift from my parents.
firerose
Apprentice

Unread postby firerose » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:25 pm

since nobodys reading it or helping me u might as well close it.
firerose
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:29 pm

28 DVDs seems like the correct one.

You want to be very very careful where you get this. And if you can buy it on a credit card, preferably American Express. That gives you the ability to perform a chargeback if something is wrong. It must be compatible with your region, too. If you don't have all of these answers ask the seller for specific information.

Research the actual product online so you can get the attributes of what you want to buy and compare them to what you are seeing on eBay.

Like I said, last I checked this product was selling for $100+.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby firerose » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:25 pm

alright thanks james and like i said i can pay around 100 bucks.
i only have a visa that shouldnt be a problem right? anyway thanks for the advice. :D

Edit: the first link the cgc one after testing as if i was paying for it with my location ny and zip it was 97.48 and the shipping method i put is ups 2nd day air which is 14.34 so the total is 111.82. which is in my price range ^^. but is 2 day air 2 business days or weeks?
firerose
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:45 am

Check the shipper's site for the definition of 'two day air'.

It is usually business days, and sometimes it depends on where you are in relation to the shipper.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Next

Return to Kongming's Archives