Translation and Biography Requests

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:08 pm

LU KANG LU KANG LU KANG.

He rocks.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:15 am

Zhou Yu wrote:Got a request. I heard that you recently finished Taishi Ci's Lady Wu. So do you have any upcoming plans for new translations? I just wanted to request Zhang Liao's. Well, not just his, but Wei Bios in General. KMA is lacking Wei and I have read the 5 or so bios that are online now(KMA's + Cao Cao's).

The Historian at 3k.net did a very good translation of Zhang Liao's SGZ bio. Maybe you can check that out.
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Lu Xun » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:59 am

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:LU KANG LU KANG LU KANG.

He rocks.

Yeah, I really want to read more about Lu Kang...it would hurt if someone finally got around to translating his daddy's SGZ bio as well. :lol:
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou

Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:59 am

Lu Xun wrote:Yeah, I really want to read more about Lu Kang...it would hurt if someone finally got around to translating his daddy's SGZ bio as well. :lol:

It would hurt or it wouldn't? :eek2:
I'm sick right now, but when I'm ok again and Lu Bu's bio is done, then I'll petition for a group effort to do Lu Xun. It'ssimply too long.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Lu Xun » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:23 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Lu Xun wrote:Yeah, I really want to read more about Lu Kang...it would hurt if someone finally got around to translating his daddy's SGZ bio as well. :lol:

It would hurt or it wouldn't? :eek2:
I'm sick right now, but when I'm ok again and Lu Bu's bio is done, then I'll petition for a group effort to do Lu Xun. It'ssimply too long.

Oops, I meant wouldn't. So, you're going to do a Lu Xun relay? Sounds good to me, I eagerly await the result. ^_^
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou

Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:43 am

Lu Xun wrote:Oops, I meant wouldn't. So, you're going to do a Lu Xun relay? Sounds good to me, I eagerly await the result. ^_^
It's started. :D

See here: http://www.the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=1924
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Dennis » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:34 am

I would like to request the SGZ bio of Xun Wenruo, he seems very interesting, and also Wei is underrepresented at KMA.
Dennis
Mutha Canucka

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:44 am

Jia Wenhe wrote:I would like to request the SGZ bio of Xun Wenruo, he seems very interesting, and also Wei is underrepresented at KMA.

Ooo. I second that most excellent request; I would love to read a biography about him. He is among the people in Wei I want to learn more about the most.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sam » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:52 am

Jia Wenhe wrote:I would like to request the SGZ bio of Xun Wenruo, he seems very interesting, and also Wei is underrepresented at KMA.

And I third that opinion; Xun Wenruo would make an excellent choice for an SGZ bio. Also, I would like to see some of the lesser-known Shu generals who participated in the northern campaigns, such as Wang Ping, Liao Hua and Zhang Yi.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:33 am

Wang Ping wrote:And I third that opinion; Xun Wenruo would make an excellent choice for an SGZ bio. Also, I would like to see some of the lesser-known Shu generals who participated in the northern campaigns, such as Wang Ping, Liao Hua and Zhang Yi.

Ok, Liao Hua, Zhang Yi and Wang Ping are coming up; their bios are short. :D[/quote]
I just did Zhang Yi's, and then I looked through my SGZ-Shu again, and to my horror...
There are THREE Zhang Yi's in Shu!

So I'm not sure I did the one you asked for....
Last edited by Lady Wu on Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives