Translation and Biography Requests

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:08 pm

LU KANG LU KANG LU KANG.

He rocks.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:15 am

Zhou Yu wrote:Got a request. I heard that you recently finished Taishi Ci's Lady Wu. So do you have any upcoming plans for new translations? I just wanted to request Zhang Liao's. Well, not just his, but Wei Bios in General. KMA is lacking Wei and I have read the 5 or so bios that are online now(KMA's + Cao Cao's).


The Historian at 3k.net did a very good translation of Zhang Liao's SGZ bio. Maybe you can check that out.
User avatar
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:38 am
Location: North of the River

Unread postby Lu Xun » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:59 am

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:LU KANG LU KANG LU KANG.

He rocks.

Yeah, I really want to read more about Lu Kang...it would hurt if someone finally got around to translating his daddy's SGZ bio as well. :lol:
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
User avatar
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:16 am
Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:59 am

Lu Xun wrote:Yeah, I really want to read more about Lu Kang...it would hurt if someone finally got around to translating his daddy's SGZ bio as well. :lol:

It would hurt or it wouldn't? :eek2:
I'm sick right now, but when I'm ok again and Lu Bu's bio is done, then I'll petition for a group effort to do Lu Xun. It'ssimply too long.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
User avatar
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu
 
Posts: 12846
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:35 am
Location: Wu-ere else?

Unread postby Lu Xun » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:23 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Lu Xun wrote:Yeah, I really want to read more about Lu Kang...it would hurt if someone finally got around to translating his daddy's SGZ bio as well. :lol:

It would hurt or it wouldn't? :eek2:
I'm sick right now, but when I'm ok again and Lu Bu's bio is done, then I'll petition for a group effort to do Lu Xun. It'ssimply too long.

Oops, I meant wouldn't. So, you're going to do a Lu Xun relay? Sounds good to me, I eagerly await the result. ^_^
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
User avatar
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:16 am
Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:43 am

Lu Xun wrote:Oops, I meant wouldn't. So, you're going to do a Lu Xun relay? Sounds good to me, I eagerly await the result. ^_^
It's started. :D

See here: http://www.the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=1924
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
User avatar
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu
 
Posts: 12846
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:35 am
Location: Wu-ere else?

Unread postby Dennis » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:34 am

I would like to request the SGZ bio of Xun Wenruo, he seems very interesting, and also Wei is underrepresented at KMA.
Dennis
Mutha Canucka
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:32 am
Location: London, ON - Where happiness goes to die.

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:44 am

Jia Wenhe wrote:I would like to request the SGZ bio of Xun Wenruo, he seems very interesting, and also Wei is underrepresented at KMA.

Ooo. I second that most excellent request; I would love to read a biography about him. He is among the people in Wei I want to learn more about the most.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
User avatar
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish
 
Posts: 17954
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:21 pm
Location: Happy Valley, UT

Unread postby Sam » Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:52 am

Jia Wenhe wrote:I would like to request the SGZ bio of Xun Wenruo, he seems very interesting, and also Wei is underrepresented at KMA.


And I third that opinion; Xun Wenruo would make an excellent choice for an SGZ bio. Also, I would like to see some of the lesser-known Shu generals who participated in the northern campaigns, such as Wang Ping, Liao Hua and Zhang Yi.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:38 pm
Location: Nanjing

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:33 am

Wang Ping wrote:And I third that opinion; Xun Wenruo would make an excellent choice for an SGZ bio. Also, I would like to see some of the lesser-known Shu generals who participated in the northern campaigns, such as Wang Ping, Liao Hua and Zhang Yi.

Ok, Liao Hua, Zhang Yi and Wang Ping are coming up; their bios are short. :D[/quote]
I just did Zhang Yi's, and then I looked through my SGZ-Shu again, and to my horror...
There are THREE Zhang Yi's in Shu!

So I'm not sure I did the one you asked for....
Last edited by Lady Wu on Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
User avatar
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu
 
Posts: 12846
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:35 am
Location: Wu-ere else?

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved