Translation and Biography Requests

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Snake=Me.

Unread postby Cloud Strife » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:01 am

That Snkae guy its me.I dint realize I was loged in.Well,see ya tommorow!

:twisted: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*Cough*
Cloud Strife
Scholar

Unread postby Chuko Liang » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:25 pm

Snake wrote:
Xian di wrote:
I'm getting a friend of mine, Chen Hao, from China to translate some SGZ bios. Currently I am trying to get him to do one of these: Xun Yu, Jia Xu, or Guo Jia. Anyone have a favorite out of these?

Jia Xu,Xun Yu.Theres a Gou Jia SGZ here already.

heh, I am the one who posted it here ;)
Chuko Liang
Student

Unread postby Yorak » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:38 pm

I'd like to request a Zhang He bio translation. For someone who was with Wei so long, it's hard to dig up any hard info on the guy...

A Xu Huang bio translation would be cool, too.
I'm not even here
Yorak
Master

Unread postby jiuwan » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:29 am

Yorak wrote:I'd like to request a Zhang He bio translation. For someone who was with Wei so long, it's hard to dig up any hard info on the guy...

A Xu Huang bio translation would be cool, too.

Well I went through the list of requests in this forum two weeks ago, plus some other requests outside this thread. And here is what I've been translating so far: Cao Ang, Cao Chong, Cao Chun, Cao Shuo, Cao Xiong, Dian Wei, Pang De, Xu Zhu and <b>Zhang He</b>'s bios. I should have them up before the end of the month, I need to edit them still and finish up some parts I skipped earlier.

As for Xun Yu, Jia Xu, Guo Jia & the rest. There's too much. I won't be able to finish them up before school starts. Which is right around the corner :shock:
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby Asellas » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:55 pm

I request a Guan Ping or Guan Xing biography if anyone is interested in doing it for me, I very much like these two and it would be good to read and understand their background.
Thanks anyway to whoever translates them.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:06 am

Asellas wrote:I request a Guan Ping or Guan Xing biography if anyone is interested in doing it for me, I very much like these two and it would be good to read and understand their background.
Thanks anyway to whoever translates them.

Neither of these two have SGZ biographies.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:46 am

I was implying any type wether it is SGYY or whatever.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Yorak » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:31 am

Any chance of a Sima Yi or Sun Quan bio? I hear they're both disgustingly long, so I understand that it would be a long project and probably something of a pain in the ass, but is there any chance of a relay, like what was done with Lu Xun?

Failing that, is there anywhere where I could find either of their bios online in Chinese, and I can try my luck with Altavista Babelfish?
I'm not even here
Yorak
Master

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:44 am

Yorak wrote:Any chance of a Sima Yi or Sun Quan bio?

Are you kidding? The two men with the longest lives in the 3k era? Sorry dude... however, Sima Yi's namesake (i.e. Great Deer, Grand Tutor of Wei :wink: ) might have some stuff at hand on him. Perhaps a relay thing could be done for Sun Quan as we did for Lu Xun, but since Sun Quan's bio is many times the length of Lu's, we'd need to recruit more translators first.

Failing that, is there anywhere where I could find either of their bios online in Chinese, and I can try my luck with Altavista Babelfish?
The link is <a href="http://www.guoxue.com/shibu/24shi/sangzz/sgzz_047.htm">this</a> for Sun Quan, and <a href="http://www.guoxue.com/shibu/24shi/jinshu/jinshu_001.htm">this</a> for Sima Yi. I need to warn you though, Cai Yan and I have injured ourselves laughing over Bablefish translations of a text written in modern Chinese, and the language in the bios is far more difficult than that. So I wish you luck in your endeavour... :roll:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Yorak » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:50 am

I need to warn you though, Cai Yan and I have injured ourselves laughing over Bablefish translations of a text written in modern Chinese, and the language in the bios is far more difficult than that. So I wish you luck in your endeavour...

These sites are gems! Check some of the Sima Yi Babelfish translation...

proclaims emperor to avoid as taboo beautiful, character Zhong reaches in, the Hanoi Wen County is filial piety the person, is surnamed Sima. It first stems from emperor Gaoyang sub- heavy Lebanon, wishes for Xia Guan melts, undergoes Tang, Yu, the summer, business, world foreword its duty. And week, by Xia Guanwei Sima. When after that Cheng Baixiu father, Zhou Xuanwang, by 世官 gram even Xu side, tin by official race, thus is. Chu Hanjian, Sima Yangwei Zhao, will cut down Qin with the feudal lord. Qin perishes, stands is Yin king, all Hanoi.

That clears that up! This is going to be the most fun I've had in a while...
I'm not even here
Yorak
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives