Three Kingdoms Conqueror (Game Project)

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Re: Three Kingdoms Conqueror (Game Project)

Unread postby James » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:56 pm

It's a great idea and it would be fun to get back to sometime, but I don't have the time needed for any sort of personal web projects right now. So maybe down the road, or if KMA ever gets a skilled volunteer developer. I envisioned releasing the game in a simple form and adding features over time.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Count me in on the developement team! i have several game creation softwares and a world builder, i have all summer and all free time :twisted: someone PM me a list of what i need to do :) but i can only create the ingame enviroment and so on, posting it KMA i would need help with :oops: but having several others would help :) and with those others we could be done within the beginning of next year :idea: oh yes! and units i can do! editing them somehow is what im going to have trouble with... so yeah count me in on this team if im allowed :wink:
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:49 am

alright, i could probably take this thing on, obviously needing help from other forum members, i have a decent experience in this type of stuff, just anyone give me an OK,
here are my ideas
-wouldnt having a slight battle twist add to the game? like Command And Conquer?
- not everyone would be online at the same time, a battle plan for scenarios? CPU control
-creating units! certain places would have certain attainable units IE: Nanman could have Elephant Units meanwhile Bei Ping wouldnt.. but Bei Ping could have Mounted Archers
- Camping, setting up camp
-this sounds big, but having like a real-time battle thing, i believe that the battle plan portion would work out, if the ruler is smart enough to create a battle plan for every scenario the enemy general can think of it could work instead of turn-basing it, and if the enemy does something in-expected your troops would go into a state
- troop states IE demoralized, panic, aggressive, mourning, inspired, cold, diseased
- unit customization, creating how youre units look, after creating a list of units customize how they look, how they are dressed and what theyre armory is
-tons of units
-wandering armies for extra players, IE yellow turbans? they took cities but they had to start with something

- officer creation? free officers? mostly historical, but we could have a ruler employ Hua Xiong if we were in the right scenario
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Well, I guess the very first question would be to ask what language(s) you're comfortable with.

And that said, though I have a fairly good outline of the structure for this project in my mind, it is a time investment, and one that I would have to weigh fairly carefully.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to Kongming's Archives