Three Kingdoms Conqueror (Game Project)

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 pm

If we can choose what territories we want to be in, sign me up for Xiang Ping, by the way. :D
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Harimau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Jameseys, I replied to your PM on the dark side. Be more specific!
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:03 am

How long do you think this will take? As in, when we start, we'll it be like SimRTK, where it takes forever, or will it end in a month??
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Wix The Great » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:20 am

Jebusrocks wrote:How long do you think this will take? As in, when we start, we'll it be like SimRTK, where it takes forever, or will it end in a month??

Well, the reason for SimRTK "Taking forever" is that it isn't automated. You have a few GMs that regulate and calculated a large simulation.

This game would be drastically shorter due to automation. Though some concepts may change the amount of automation in this game. For instance if we want some more roleplaying elements then there would have ot be some GM involvement.
Wix The Great
3/3 of Wei World Order

Unread postby James » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:23 am

Jebusrocks wrote:How long do you think this will take?

With each passing day we are coming closer to the start of idea sharing and development. I would say about two to three weeks from now (and gradually building up to that point) I’m going to be stuck with a fair bit of free time. This is something I’ve thought about doing and it looks like others like it too!

First real multi-person project on KMA since Odds & Ends. :)
(And nobody got to appreciate the multi-person work done there).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Wix The Great » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:46 pm

James wrote:With each passing day we are coming closer to the start of idea sharing and development. I would say about two to three weeks from now (and gradually building up to that point) I’m going to be stuck with a fair bit of free time. This is something I’ve thought about doing and it looks like others like it too!

First real multi-person project on KMA since Odds & Ends. :)
(And nobody got to appreciate the multi-person work done there).

Aye, good. By then my summer classes will be done, and I will be finishing with my summer jobs. More free time for me :D . When school comes I will have a bit more free time also.
Wix The Great
3/3 of Wei World Order

Unread postby Jiang Yi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm

awww.... thats so funnnnn!!!!!!!! Count me in when you start the game and by the way i'd like Ling Ling, JingZhou
" Think negetively to one thing and you will suceed"
Jiang Yi
Student

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:36 pm

but my own experience is limited to PHP

Dude, if you look at what HoC has done with just php, it's pretty damn tastic.

So I think a simple game here will be dandy.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:19 am

Ranbir wrote:Dude, if you look at what HoC has done with just php, it's pretty damn tastic.

I, for one, love PHP. I have done so much with it at KMA and even over at SimRTK that I couldn’t ever speak ill of it. Its strengths, unfortunately, are limited to server-side implementation though, so there won’t be any ‘dymanic’ features coming from it. :)
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:31 am

Okay, so I finally started working on this again!

I couldn’t figure out how I wanted to do the map, so after some thought, I decided the best course of action would be to re-create it in Adobe Illustrator so I could style it up however I wished in Adobe Photoshop. I spent my late evening doing this and I am completely thrilled with the outcome! I’ve already created much of the map.

As you can see the map will be much bigger now than I was originally planning. Because important information will be integrated into the map itself through graphics there will be no great clutter to deal with. The roads are all green—none of them will be green when I am done with them. They will generally follow the key shown at the top.

The jade city frames will be golden (or more elaborate) for major cities.

Fortresses are going to be a part of the map—somehow.

Cities will be labeled with a unique insignia for each force like Romance of the Three Kingdoms III.

This will make it much easier for numerous players to participate without mixing up colors. Perhaps players who win will be able to upload their own force graphics. Force graphics will be displayed instead of the hollow white centers shown in the preliminary map.

I will enlist help from people in the forum to create force graphics. :)

I want to somehow include officers in this… even if not officers created by players, it would be neat if people could find Three Kingdoms heroes to help them out in their conquest. That will have to come after the basic game mechanics have been organized, however.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Kongming's Archives