Kongming's Archives: Favourite Content?

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Kongming's Archives: Favourite Content?

Unread postby Sam » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:30 pm

Here's a fun idea I thought up of earlier today.

Of everything on KMA, what is, or are, your favourite content? What's your favourite SGZ, SGYY, and Comprehensive Biography? What's your favourite section of the site, whether it be History, Games or Universal? Be as broad or as specific as you like, and try giving a reason on why you enjoy the part of KMA so much. :)
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:20 pm

Ah, very interesting idea! Here’s a little list of questions and answers you could fill out if you liked for easy comparison, and certainly not all would be required. Heck, you could just add your thoughts! After so many years, it would be fun to see what people like and dislike in their own words.

<b>Favorite KMA/SoSZ Contest:</b>
<b>Least Favorite KMA/SoSZ Contest:</b>
<b>Favorite KMA Section:</b>
<b>Least Favorite KMA Section:</b>
<b>Favorite KMA Project:</b>
<b>Least Favorite KMA Project:</b>

<b>Favorite SGZ Biography:</b>
<b>Favorite SGZ Biography Author:</b>
<b>Favorite CoB Biography:</b>
<b>Favorite SGYY Biography:</b>
<b>Favorite SGYY Biography Author:</b>

<b>What content would like to see most:</b>
<b>What you would like to see abandoned:</b>
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:28 pm

My favorite section as a whole is probably the Novel and History section. My favorite section of that area has got to be the biographies section, and I pretty much love every part of that section. Since not long after the site started that’s been where I put most of my energy, and has been the driving force behind many other parts of the site (e.g. Hanzi Project, Style Name Project). If there’s anything I’ve wanted to see happen it would be a gathering of the translators to work together, but that’s something for tomorrow.

I also very much love the Destiny of an Emperor page… though I haven’t worked on completing it as much as I would like because I suspect the amount of people that read it are few by comparison. Some parts of that section where whole projects in and of themselves, such as the game map.

<b>Favorite KMA/SoSZ Contest:</b> Three Kingdoms Quiz
<b>Least Favorite KMA/SoSZ Contest:</b> I’ve got a love/hate relationship with SotM
<b>Favorite KMA Section:</b> Novel and History
<b>Least Favorite KMA Section:</b> Fan Art (only because I don’t have a smooth system for running it yet)
<b>Favorite KMA Project:</b> Biography Project
<b>Least Favorite KMA Project:</b> SGZ Translation Project… it failed, but could have been so cool.

<b>Favorite SGZ Biography:</b> Probably Lü Bu
<b>Favorite SGZ Biography Author:</b> Lady Wu
<b>Favorite CoB Biography:</b> Yuan Shao
<b>Favorite SGYY Biography:</b> Mi Heng
<b>Favorite SGYY Biography Author:</b> :)

<b>What content would like to see most:</b> An evolution of the KMA Development Project into an online community encyclopedia.
<b>What you would like to see abandoned:</b> There’s nothing I’ve put up on the site that I really want to see abandoned.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sam » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:24 pm

Great ideas to get the topic rolling, James. I must say, I loved your favourite biography choices, every one of them being written or contributed to by yourself and all. :P

My favourite area of KMA would have to be the Novel & History Section and, like James, my favourite area of that section is the Biographies project. Although the biographies project is the only area of KMA I contribute to (so far), I've always loved reading into my favourite characters from the novel, regardless of whether it be historical or otherwise, and the project serves to bring those officers either into the limelight, or to expand on what readers already know of them.

<b>Favorite KMA/SoSZ Contest:</b> Three Kingdoms Quiz
<b>Least Favorite KMA/SoSZ Contest:</b> Would have to be SotM
<b>Favorite KMA Section:</b> Novel and History
<b>Least Favorite KMA Section:</b> I don't really know. There's sections of KMA I don't really look in to, like certain Three Kingdoms games I haven't played, but I wouldn't say I actually dislike any.
<b>Favorite KMA Project:</b> Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
<b>Least Favorite KMA Project:</b> Probably the Three Kingdoms Questions project. I had a good go at getting the project completed by myself, but after I started my year at University, I really didn't have the time to carry on and complete the project alone.

<b>Favorite SGZ Biography:</b> A tough one, but I'd say Ling Tong or Wang Ping.
<b>Favorite SGZ Biography Author:</b> Lady Wu
<b>Favorite CoB Biography:</b> I quite like the Yuan Shao biography by James, and Sun Ben's Comprehensive Biography by Steven was a very interesting read too.
<b>Favorite SGYY Biography:</b> I really like my Fu Qian biography, simply because it helped bring him into the limelight as one of Shu's greatest late-era commanders to its readers. Other than that, Morg's Wen Chou biography, Steven's Sun Shao biography and Mike's Ji Ling biography are favourites too.
<b>Favorite SGYY Biography Author:</b> Most likely Morg, simply because of the amount of SGYY biographies he contributed. His Cao Cao biography, though unfinished, took a lot of dedication to write.

<b>What content would like to see most:</b> I'd love to see some more SGZ biographies, simply because a translation hasn't been made in around a year (I think). Other than that, I'd also love to see some more SGYY biographies from other authors.

<b>What you would like to see abandoned:</b> Nothing, really. :)
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Return to Kongming's Archives