Gongsun Zan's SGYY bio.

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Gongsun Zan's SGYY bio.

Unread postby Jimayo » Sat May 21, 2005 4:47 am

In the SGYY bios, it says that Gongsun Zan fought against the Qiang. That should be Wuwan/Wuhuan.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat May 21, 2005 7:46 am

SGYY wrote:Next day Gongsun Zan prepared for fight by dividing his army into two wings. He had five thousand cavalry in the center, all mounted on white horses. Gongsun Zan had formerly seen service against the northern frontier tribes, the Qiang Peoples, where he always placed his white horses in the van of his army, and thus he had won the sobriquet of General Who Commands White Horses. The tribes held him so much in fear that they always fled as soon as the white horses, their sacred creatures, appeared.

It does say norther frontier tribes, but I had always assumed GS Zan was an actual General under the Han before he became governor. Both the Internet version of the book and my own copy say Qiang.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Jimayo » Sat May 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Huang Bob wrote:It does say norther frontier tribes, but I had always assumed GS Zan was an actual General under the Han before he became governor. Both the Internet version of the book and my own copy say Qiang.

My brewitt-taylor version says Wuwan.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat May 21, 2005 11:32 pm

Jimayo wrote:
Huang Bob wrote:It does say norther frontier tribes, but I had always assumed GS Zan was an actual General under the Han before he became governor. Both the Internet version of the book and my own copy say Qiang.

My brewitt-taylor version says Wuwan.

Hmm, curious. I could've sworn that it also mentions White horses and the Qiangs in a chapter involving the Ma Clan, and possibly one of the Northern Campaigns (Zhuge's and Jiang Wei's).
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Jimayo » Sun May 22, 2005 1:14 am

It's especially weird since he was known for fighting the Wuhuan(Wuwan) historically, and was based out of Youbeiping(which is where some of the Wuhuan reside).
Jimayo

Return to Kongming's Archives