Music Hosting, Discussion, and Troubleshooting

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Music Hosting, Discussion, and Troubleshooting

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:30 am

Use this thread to discuss problems you might be having with the Three Kingdoms music page, or to ask anything associated with music hosting (e.g. how to send a soundtrack to us, how to have one hosted on your server, questions about bandwidth, etc.). First please check the FAQ below, and read all the introductory information on the Three Kingdoms music page (unless you are interested in hosting, in which case just let me know what you’ve got to host with and your limitations).

<hr>
Music Page Frequently Asked Questions
The song I downloaded doesn’t contain any data or won’t play! Why?
Please send us an error report using this form. Let us know what song and album you were downloading from. Make sure you allow downloads to complete before you open files, and make sure you aren’t having problems with your internet connection. This should be a rare, as the program is smart enough to know when requested downloads are invalid.

I would like to help by hosting music! What do I do?
Easy, simply send us a content submission using our email form with information on the server you wish to share or what you would like to do. Under normal circumstances we’ll ask for FTP access to the dedicated music directory. As an alternative, you can put the music you want to host online, and give us the music addresses. Please don’t use any spaces or unusual characters.

I lost download credits for [reason], can I have them back?
No, unfortunately. But if you think it was a bug please send us a detailed error report.

I received an error that looks something like ‘Error XFIL-A:LYNN-SW1;F:1-00’, why?
This error appears in relation to remote hosts (music on servers aside from our own). As the text of this error suggests, the file may offline, or may be unavailable due to a bandwidth overage. The program checks to make sure a file is available before it lets you download it (saving you a credit). When (if) they put the music online again, the error will go away. It may take until the end of the month if it is a bandwidth overage (that’s when most hosts reset bandwidth allowances).

Internet Explorer 6 shows me an error on download, and it takes away two credits!
Some configurations of Internet Explorer 6 cause a warning error to flash at the top of the download window rather than actually downloading the file. This is due to some security settings in Internet Explorer, and fortunately there is a fix that doesn’t involve opening security holes (read about it). You can also use an alternate web browser like Mozilla Firefox to avoid this issue.

Accept Content in Internet Explorer 6: There are a few ways to disable the download warnings that subtract extra credits, but they also open security holes in your browser. It is a little more complicated, but here are the steps you can take to make sure you get full download credits without risking virus and spyware infections:
  • Select ‘Tools’ from the main menu
  • Choose ‘Internet Options’
  • Click on the ‘Trusted Sites’ graphic at the top
  • Click on the ‘Sites’ button
  • Deactivate the ‘Require Server Verification’ checkbox
  • Add the following sites. Enter the information and click the ‘Add’ button, one at a time:
    - http://*.kongming.net
    - http://*.sanguomedia.net
  • Re-check the ‘Require Server Verification’ checkbox
  • Click ‘OK’ to save your changes
  • Exit out of the screen.
  • Remember to check back if you have problems in the future to make sure we haven’t added additional sites. This is a distinct possibility, and if we do decide to add new sites, you’ll have to follow the steps above again for the new addresses.
When I try to load this page, it takes me to the home page instead!
Given the fact you are reading this, you might know that site links can get you to this page. You’ve probably been trying to load this page by typing the address manually, or with a bookmark. Unfortunately, our music page does not allow direct links (leeching protection). You can always reach this page by clicking a link elsewhere in the site (e.g. on the home page). If you are having problems beyond this, please send an error report.

The music page just keeps reloading in my browser. Why? Can you fix it?
This has something to do with Internet Explorer 5.x and 6, but it does not occur in all versions. I’m not sure if it is a bug, or something related to the strange methods of protecting information I used on the page (in an effort to keep the content of the page alive). Though I’m sure I could easily fix it after around twenty minutes of troubleshooting, I’m not honestly sure I want to. The fact that you are reading this probably means you are a KMA regular and not a drifter from the Internet, which means you deserve access to the tunes. If you are having this problem download Mozilla Firefox and try again.
Last edited by James on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Guan Yunchang » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:50 am

Why can't I download the English version of Cross Colors on Kongming's Archive?
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea.
All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see.
Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.
Rest in piece Liao Hua.
Guan Yunchang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Rest in peace good buddy. I only hope you missed me as much as I miss you now.

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:42 am

Basically, links on that page may or may not work. If they don't work, it is because the server that was featuring them has gone offline, and there's not much we can do about it. I can't give them to everyone either, because it costs me money I don’t have to do so.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tyler » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:57 am

James something always bothered me. You have a domain name so why not convert your computer into a server and host your own site and files?
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:32 am

KMA has far too many visitors for that to be realistic. I would have to buy a very high bandwidth line into my home for that, and I would also have to use my personal time to manage the server. So, in the end, I wind up spending just as much money, but have to dedicate even more of my time.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tyler » Fri May 06, 2005 1:30 am

I see, so how much upload would that cause you per minute just for the music section?
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Mi » Fri May 06, 2005 1:56 am

I'm guessing...from $700 to the early thousands eh? That's how much it costed Steph. from the DW Character Guide. Let's just hope my guess is wrong.
-Coko Mi
Lady Mi
Assistant

Unread postby Tyler » Fri May 06, 2005 11:12 pm

No he is human he has limates unless he's rich... I was refeering to how many kb he uploads to KMA every hour or so.

Alright guys I noticed Samuria Warriors was down so I took the liberty of temperarally hosting them till I grow tired of it and remove it from my server.. On the Site I ask you follow a few rules, enjoy. I am willing to host more and my server can handle the bandwidth, unlimated storage, as I get unlimated bandwidth I am only restricted to how much I can send out per second with unlimated storage. So I hope to be hosting for KMA soon. Also note that James may have offlink links to KMA if he wishes but it's his choice, I would like others to respect my wish not to off link.

link removed I'm no longer hosting
Last edited by Tyler on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby COCONUT MILK » Sun May 15, 2005 9:54 pm

For d.w.3
none of these work.

01: Yellow Turban Rebellion
02: Hu Lao Gate
03: Guan Du
04: Chang Ban – Shu
05: Chang Ban – Wei
06: Chi Bi – Wei
07: Chi Bi – Wu
08: He Fei – Wei
09: He Fei – Wu
10: Yi Ling – Wu
11: Yi Ling – Shu
12: Nanman
13: He Fei Castle – Wei
14: He Fei Castle – Wu
15: Wu Zhang Plains – Shu
16: Wu Zhang Plains – Wei
17: March
18: Assault
19: Winning

It just comes up with this.

and its been like this for a bit.
COCONUT MILK
Apprentice

Unread postby Tyler » Sun May 15, 2005 10:40 pm

Ok I've added the DW3 songs I had as well as all songs I had for DT 1 and 2 as well as DW4.

link removed I'm no longer hosting
Last edited by Tyler on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Kongming's Archives