Dude you got his name wrong

Questions, feedback, suggestions, and Kongming's Archives projects.

Dude you got his name wrong

Unread postby Ghost_of_Han » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:28 am

[quote][quote]Guang Wudi (Liu Xuan, Emperor Gengshi) AD 23 - 25[/quote][/quote]

Guangwudi of the Eastern Han was Liu Xiu, who reigned from 25 AD onwards - and he is a totally different person from Gengshidi, Liu Xuan who reigned from 23 AD to 25 AD.

I asked a person who is very smart and they told me that use messed up the name, for such a big site I'm suprised it went unoticed.
Ghost_of_Han
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:55 am

You're right. Actually, there's an entry for Emperor Guangwu (Liu Xiu) right underneath Liu Xuan's entry.

I'm actually curious as to whether Gengshi Di ("Emperor of the Renewal") was considered an emperor of the Eastern Han or of the Western Han (or neither?). Though he proclaimed himself emperor, Liu Xiu didn't recognize him as the founder of his continuation of the dynasty, nor did he get an entry in the HHS (Latter Han History). Liu Xiu gave Liu Xuan the posthumous title of "Prince of Huaiyang".
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Ghost_of_Han » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:40 am

Western Han is what he is considered.
Ghost_of_Han
Apprentice

!?!?!?!

Unread postby Ghost_of_Han » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:37 am

ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THAT!?!?!

Emperor Gengshidi (更始帝), Liu Xuan (刘玄), 23-25 AD
Emperor Han Guangwudi (汉光武帝), Liu Xiu (刘秀), 25-57 AD

That is how it should read, You need a to a "di" on the end of yours. Yours reads Gengshi, its Gengshidi.
Ghost_of_Han
Apprentice

Unread postby Jon » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:52 am

Umm... Please be patient.
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:43 am

Perhaps you can email/PM James instead?

"di" means "emperor". So if you say "Emperor Guangwu", that already means Guangwu Di. "Emperor Guangwu Di" is superfluous.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Tyler » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:23 pm

Me and Ghost_of_Han have noticed this in our thread at CHF. There is indeed a problem with your timeline here at SOSZ. We have discussed it at CHF please take a look...
http://s7.invisionfree.com/China_Histor ... wtopic=565
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:30 pm

Well, since I am not connected with Kongming's Archives other than through this foum, I cannot comment on KMA's name problem, but I can point out a massive problem with CHF's names. Actually, Lady Wu already mentioned it above.

The "di" on the end of an emperor's name means "emperor." Your site lists them with the word "emperor" in their names twice. An example is your entry "Emperor Han Guangwudi" which essentually means "Emperor Emperor Guangwu of the Han"--for the entry to make sense, it should just be "Emperor Han Guangwu" or "Han Guangwudi".
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Tyler » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:36 pm

I see thanks for pointing that out I will tell the webmaster soon. If you by chance see any other problems try to contact the webmaster, we could try to help eachother out when we both notice problems.

Ghost_of_Han wrote:
Guang Wudi (Liu Xuan, Emperor Gengshi) AD 23 - 25

Guangwudi of the Eastern Han was Liu Xiu, who reigned from 25 AD onwards - and he is a totally different person from Gengshidi, Liu Xuan who reigned from 23 AD to 25 AD.

I asked a person who is very smart and they told me that use messed up the name, for such a big site I'm suprised it went unoticed.

Hey Ghost of Han did you notice that all by your self or did you have help from Yun :lol: .
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ghost_of_Han » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:54 pm

Well if you look back at CHF, I had brought it to everyone' attention that there were lists of the same time period but different names and areas they were put in. I did realize somthing was wrong, but I didn't know who. So Yun point that Kongming.net had it flaw. So I brought it to their attention with thats how we're at this thread.
Ghost_of_Han
Apprentice

Next

Return to Kongming's Archives