Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Unread postby Rhiannon » Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:26 am

If you have a suggestion for SoSZ in terms of content added, basic forum things, etc. , please make it here, instead of posting a new thread.

If you have a suggestion for change of SoSZ Forum Rules/Moderation Procedure policy, please go to this threadinstead.

Thank you!
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Jon » Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:37 am

I am not sure how plausible an idea this is, but instead of having one overly cluttered Dynasty Warriors Training Forum, why not add another forum similar to the San Guo Yan Yi Symposium Archives and the Pub, Timeless Threads" Just a suggestion, but this forum may not be worth the trouble. Thanks.
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:16 am

That's good...a Dynasty Warriors Training Timeless Threads board... one wherein only choice members can create new topics so that none of those spam/common threads ever plague it... :wink:

Now for mine:
A good Fantasy RTK forum game (one whole section devoted to it) would also be great... just have one small site wherein rulers, generals and their subordinates could fight in mini-map campaigns, a debating board wherein ministers could argue/discuss/parley in, a planning board for strategists to formulate tactics, a board for rulers' officer recruitment, and finally a question-and-answer game (for any topic under the sun) spanning the whole site (members search the site, or look at info from research materials to find the correct answer to questions, PM them at a mod, and each correct answer is gets a level-up for a specific stat ---> stats play a part in the war campaigns)...
Since this is a more organized forum than Gamefaqs', I'm sure a lot of people will avidly join the game, and the site itself would be much publicized... Who knows, maybe the record of 32 people at one time would be beaten by 80 or 100+ once a good and perfect Sim RTK is put to action... :wink:
i sometimes put a carton of milk in the dryer so that there's an equal distribution of the force shaking it. Tastes like lint though...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:25 am

Richter Hand of God wrote:That's good...a Dynasty Warriors Training Timeless Threads board... one wherein only choice members can create new topics so that none of those spam/common threads ever plague it... :wink:

Hmm… I don’t really know what Dynasty Warriors threads could ever truly be timeless, other than the discussion threads, and those are sticky. Furthremore, there will be no segregation in this forum. No special groups, just members, moderators, and administrators. And if we add another forum it will be a media (movies, animé, music, whatever) forum. Maybe when we can add sub-forums we will do a little more, but as for role-play, we are keeping SoSZ for discussion only now.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:28 am

How about move Kongming's Archive's forum to the Academy Graden under the SGYYA so that maybe it will be more known since the academy garden is the most important as this forum is based around RTK so it is at the top.
Or my only other suggestion is move Foriegn Kindoms to the Balamb Garden thread.
Also maybe put Gamer's Haven in the Peach Tree Garden thread?
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby James » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:34 am

Ember Fox wrote:How about move Kongming's Archive's forum to the Academy Graden under the SGYYA so that maybe it will be more known since the academy garden is the most important as this forum is based around RTK so it is at the top.
Or my only other suggestion is move Foriegn Kindoms to the Balamb Garden thread.
Also maybe put Gamer's Haven in the Peach Tree Garden thread?

Academy Garden = Academic/Educational
(Tempting for KMA, but not quite the right place)

Balamb Garden = Games/Gaming
(Foreign Kingdoms is for web sites of all kinds)
(Gamer’s Haven is at home in the Balamb Garden)
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:42 am

James wrote:Balamb Garden = Games/Gaming

Since Balamb Garden = Games, how about we have a "Classic Games thread"?, Some of the old top-notch classics out that were for the atari/NES/SNES.Genesis/Sega megadrive. Some of the games on them consoles beatnew one on the PS2 even now. Eg, Pac-Man, Streets of rage, Sonic... ect ect.

Though then again, I doubt that many people play these games now.
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Morg » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:02 pm

How about introducing super-mods? It seems that super-mods (moderators with some admin powers) would be handy to have around especially considering recent events. It would also take a lot of pressure off the admins who seem to be fairly busy anyway.
"If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you." - Cao Cao to Pang De
Morg
The Man

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:36 am

Morg wrote:How about introducing super-mods? It seems that super-mods (moderators with some admin powers) would be handy to have around especially considering recent events. It would also take a lot of pressure off the admins who seem to be fairly busy anyway.

This was actually taken care of to a limited extent. Some highly trusted normal members along with some of the moderator staff now have moderator authority over the whole entire forum, and the ability to step forward in the event another issue should come up. In fact, I’ll be surprised if something like that ever gets anywhere near as far as it did on the last instance.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:24 pm

James wrote:. And if we add another forum it will be a media (movies, animé, music, whatever) forum.

I'd actually like to see that. I love dicussing music, its a greater interest in my life and it would be nice to have a forum dedicated to that.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Next

Return to Public Council