Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

than

Unread postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:00 am

how do i get a picture by my name

Re: than

Unread postby Asellas » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:05 am

Anonymous wrote:how do i get a picture by my name

Well, you need to resgister and I assume you have registered if not register. You will access member benefits and a place called 'Profile'. You will be allowed to post location and all, and to get an avatar find a picture you like as long as it is within the 64 (Width) by 80 (height), e.g. like mine or smaller.
So, for example, you find a link like http://exampleavatar.com/file/avatar.jpeg or jpg you would copy the link and put it at the white box where the link goes and voila you have it. Obviously not this link :wink:

Then click submit, it is best if it is a jpeg or jpg which are noth the same format basically so it appears better since sosz has limited file types to be veiwed.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

why

Unread postby dynastic king » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:22 pm

why was my thread locked?
the blade, live by it, die by it
dynastic king
Apprentice

Unread postby Rurouni Kenshin » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:53 pm

It was locked because it was something that already existed in the forum, or something inappropriate, most likely something that already exists.
A beautiful face can win popularity, but a beautiful hand can win respect.

~Which one do you prefer?~

"I've killed a helluva lotta people to get to this one. And now, I'm gonna Kill Bill"
Rurouni Kenshin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:15 pm

Anyone who locks your thread should give you a pretty clear explanation of why it's being locked.

"Why was my topic locked" is a question in the FAQ, by the way.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Jon » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:43 pm

I'm sorry if I didn't give a better explanation. Next time PM me, I will make sure it deserves to be locked.
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby English_Druid » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:38 pm

Can we have a general game help thread in the Gaming section? I brought this up on RD but it was denied due to lack of participants in that section. But surely here that dosnt apply, and I see alot of threads with the words 'help' in them.... I just feel silly making a thread for one question that will probably never be needed again.
But no one dies in the right place
Or in the right hour
And everyone dies sooner than his time
And before he reaches home.
English_Druid
Scholar of Ying Guo

Unread postby Ninjastarfish » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:40 am

The 5 second (or so) mandatory delay between posts seems silly to me. It would hardly prevent someone from spamming really, and whenever I make a post I generally notice a typo immedeatley and then have my first edit blocked and then have to wait several seconds and do the same thing again.
Ninjastarfish
Student

Unread postby Rhiannon » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:32 am

English_Druid wrote:Can we have a general game help thread in the Gaming section? I brought this up on RD but it was denied due to lack of participants in that section. But surely here that dosnt apply, and I see alot of threads with the words 'help' in them.... I just feel silly making a thread for one question that will probably never be needed again.

I don't see a problem with it, but that's up to the Gaming Moderators. Though I could just butt in. And I may. :wink:

Ninjastarfish wrote:The 5 second (or so) mandatory delay between posts seems silly to me. It would hardly prevent someone from spamming really, and whenever I make a post I generally notice a typo immedeatley and then have my first edit blocked and then have to wait several seconds and do the same thing again.

Well, I find it more useful to prevent double posts than spammers, particularly on this board where spam-raids are done in a slower manner.

It was set at 20, I cut it to 10. I think 10's fair. Honestly, there's no rush to fix typoes faster than 10 seconds.
:wink:
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby JCC » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:47 am

Kong Zhengshu wrote:You can delete your own posts, can't you? There should be a little 'X' in the top right corner of your posts, beside the edit button.

Just noticed, and deleted before I caught your reply. Thanks though. But since you can, why not just ask that in case of a double post, people just delete the second one?
JCC
Mod! Law!

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council