Forum Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Unread postby Rurouni Kenshin » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:11 am

I had an idea, in my head.

A Roleplay forum. I'mg Not talking about, talking about RPG's but Roleplaying, as in you act out your character not talk about Final Fantasy and whatnot.

Basically you could do several topics on you favorite roleplay. Perhaps you want to act or make up a character for a Dynasty Warriors Roleplay, or a Romance of the Three Kingdoms. There would be strict rules of course though. (If I may I would like to write them down if this idea is accepted). I have a decent background of Roleplaying, there is a massive list of roleplaying to choose from of course.

.hack, Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Gundam, Final Fantasy, Random. The list would go on.

Of course in fact you would have to ask the board mod or admin whether or not the form of rp, you have an idea of will be acceptable. Will it be appropriate? Will it be carried on by other players? Will it be FUN!?

These ideas and more I have, if this is accepted or considered, please ask for more information, I am completely capable of posting rules and boundaries for this suggestion.
A beautiful face can win popularity, but a beautiful hand can win respect.

~Which one do you prefer?~

"I've killed a helluva lotta people to get to this one. And now, I'm gonna Kill Bill"
Rurouni Kenshin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:00 am

We had that before. It's been since deleted, because this forum has focused solely on serious discussions. Roleplay has been moved forward to SimRTK (rtk.sim-game.com).
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Morg » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:42 pm

Is there any way of introducing a 'jump to page #' facility for longer threads? The 3 Kingdoms questions thread is now up to 70+ pages and it takes some patience to get to the middle pages....
"If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you." - Cao Cao to Pang De
Morg
The Man

Unread postby Rhiannon » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:38 am

I'm not sure if James can put in an actual "Jump to Page" mod, but for doing so yourself manually...

Every thread numbers its own posts. When you're on a second (or following) page of a thread, you'll notice that the address bar has a link such as:

http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=6108&start=10

t=# is the topic number. start=# is the post number.

Page number 2 begins at 10. Each successive page is in a 10 increment. Therefore, page 72 of a thread would be 72 times 10, minus 10 = 710. You can simply go up to the address bar, change start=# to the page you'd like to start at, and it will automatically take you to that page.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Jon » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:06 am

My only problem with that is that it will fill our temporary saves list on our address bars for microsoft, dunno about others)
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:23 am

Nicholas D. Wolfwood wrote:My only problem with that is that it will fill our temporary saves list on our address bars for microsoft, dunno about others)

Is that a big problem? You can always clear the address bar by clearing the cache (Tools | Internet Options | Delete Files + Clear History).
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lord Yuan Shao » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:31 pm

I think the closed topics without relevant information must be erased.All they still continue on their respective pages and are ocupping some important space in the forum lacking his memory capability.I think this can benefit all users because then,the information can be condensed in only a few lines of writing.I suggest that the moderators take a look at their moderated forums and erase all topic with "silly words" or else,to reduce space.All users too that have written wrongly somehow not have the need to be humilliated seeing his closed topics one time behind another.

All be to increase working speed of SoSZ.
Yuan Shao: "The brave person rather faces death in the battle than seeks safety behind a wall!"
Lord Yuan Shao
Academic

Unread postby Rurouni Kenshin » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:48 pm

Lord Yuan Shao wrote:I think the closed topics without relevant information must be erased.All they still continue on their respective pages and are ocupping some important space in the forum lacking his memory capability.I think this can benefit all users because then,the information can be condensed in only a few lines of writing.I suggest that the moderators take a look at their moderated forums and erase all topic with "silly words" or else,to reduce space.All users too that have written wrongly somehow not have the need to be humilliated seeing his closed topics one time behind another.

All be to increase working speed of SoSZ.

Most threads are destroyed after a while after they are locked. I know that when I started here I had a habit of making spam threads. But after about a week they will be deleted and trashed, just like the pruning of inactive users. Its a vicious cycle ^_^
A beautiful face can win popularity, but a beautiful hand can win respect.

~Which one do you prefer?~

"I've killed a helluva lotta people to get to this one. And now, I'm gonna Kill Bill"
Rurouni Kenshin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

trouble

Unread postby none yet » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:54 am

I registered about a week ago (as dynastic king ) and iI still havent gotten my password! I need help (guerard5@aol.com)
none yet

Re: trouble

Unread postby James » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:40 am

none yet wrote:I registered about a week ago (as dynastic king ) and iI still havent gotten my password! I need help (guerard5@aol.com)

That is not a valid user name. What user name did you sign up under?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Public Council